Pork Butts and Spare Ribs @ BBQ Cook-off

Kevin Glenn

TVWBB Member
Our team, Palmetto Smoke BBQ, entered the 2014 Mauldin BBQ Cook-off on 9/27/2014. This event was sanctioned by the South Carolina Barbecue Association (SCBA). There we 23 teams competing. Friday night was an Anything Butt competition and Saturday each team competed in Pork and Ribs. We tied for first in the Anything Butt contest, 12th place in ribs,and took 1st place in pork.

http://www.scbarbeque.com/index.php/results/302-sept-27

Congratulations, guys! That is a FINE showing!!

Isn't it interesting to see really GOOD teams be so successful against really expensive equipment while using the wonderful WSM?

Ever since I got my first WSM, we have eaten REALLY fine BBQ (of course, this Forum had a LOT to do with that!). I feel sorry for those who haven't yet discovered the WSM. We'll just have to keep passing the word...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Those are some killer looking turn in plate and it looks like you had fun! Congrats on the win!

Congratulations on your win Kevin. Everything looks gorgeous. I don't know squat about Comp cooking, but your ribs look killer to me. Can't imagine how they could be better.

Congrats on the placements. Love the dual action WSMs rolling. Nice handy set up on that table/equipment rack.

Back