Pork Butt on the Performer

I had to pull a butt from the freezer to fit the last run from Costco in so, I will be “Performing” that this afternoon! Hope mine turns out as nicely as yours!

I go back and forth about sauce, it’s good if the pork gets a bit too dry but, if the rub and smoke are good I don’t bother. Sometimes just a nice pile of Smokey pig with some beans or Mac and cheese or cornbread or a toasty baguette or a salad or any and all of the above, sauce on the side and a fork! It’s all good!

Thank you very much for your kind words everyone. For those that asked, it was a 2x2 snake with some strategicaly place hickory chunks. The snake lasted about 6 hours or so, both top and bottom vents wide open. Temperature fluctuated nicely between 250 - 325F the whole time, up until I gathered up the remaning coals at the end for a brief 350-ish run of about an hour to finish it up.

I usually skip the sauce too, but just felt like I needed a little 'somethin' on my sandwhich for good measure.

Stay safe out there everyone, and wash your hands.

Serious wind played hell with my project today, bone pulled almost as nicely as one could as but,”not quite” the thinner side pulled well enough but, I will drop the thick side in the crockpot and let that go on low until I decide to hit the rack.
Flavor profile was delightful!, I will let it relax and complete the re packing in the morning.
It feels like it’s been a long day!

Shared the pulled pork with the kids from a safe distance. Waving and making the best of it. I will miss the Feast of the Resurrection with my family but, we can translate it. It still feels “wrong”.

Back