Poblano and Sour Cream Enchiladas

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Saw this recipe and had to give it a try. Haven't been too active on the grill lately so I stretched this out over a couple of days. Didn't have anything boneless and skinless so I just used a whole chicken. Made it a roto cook and seasoned the bird well under the skin. Used Oakridge's Mexicano Rub. Here's a few pictures.

DSC_4998 (Large).JPG

Spun it for a couple of hours.

DSC_5014 (Large).JPG

Pulled about six cups of chicken.

DSC_5021 (Large).JPG

Moving on to next day...... Did the prep work including the chicken, butter, smashed garlic cloves, 2 large Poblanos seeded and chopped, chicken broth, sour cream, cilantro, corn tortillas and Monterey Jack.

DSC_5025 (Large).JPG

Sweated the peppers and garlic in butter for several minutes.

DSC_5028 (Large).JPG

Added more butter. Stirred in some flour and let it absorb for a couple of minutes. Then added the broth.

DSC_5033 (Large).JPG

Used and immersion blender and pureed the mixture. Returned to heat and added the sour cream, cilantro and some salt. Removed from heat and rolled the enchiladas using tortillas filled with shredded chicken and some of the Poblano sauce in each. Spooned the remainder of the sauce over the tops of enchiladas.

DSC_5041 (Large).JPG

Sprinkled Monterey Jack generously over top of entire pan. I spread some sliced black olives over the cheese as well. Set aside until dinner.

DSC_5047 (Large).JPG

Meanwhile, got some beans going for a side.

DSC_5050 (Large).JPG

Placed the enchiladas on some indirect heat and let it go for around 30 minutes.

DSC_5060 (Large).JPG

DSC_5063 (Large).JPG

Plated it up.

DSC_5068 (Large).JPG

Wow, these were really good. My wife especially liked everything. The Poblano sauce had a wonderful flavor with a rich creamy texture. I think we're having them again tonight. I'm excited. Happy New Year everyone and thanks for looking.

I always love seeing you cook, Cliff!! A great looking meal, with your ever meticulous write up! This looks like a winner of a chicken dinner for sure! HNY to ya, bud!

R

Cliff,
I could not agree more with Rich and TCampbell's sentiment. It is always a joy to see your cooks. My oldest daughter who is an artist and photographer ever loves to look at your post. You are a special cook and this was a fabulous cook. I did a whole chicken today and felt good about it until I read your post.

Looks tasty Cliff! We gave my 11 year old daughter a Kitchenaid for Christmas, that thing really takes the work out of shredding chicken.

Back