Pizza Kettle Maiden Voyage

RyanAghdam

My parents bought me a Pizza Kettle for Christmas. I was sick of waiting for spring, so I took it out on the first warm-ish Saturday.

IMG_0221.jpg

The setup. It was about 40 degrees outside -- the warmest weekend in awhile.

IMG_0224.jpg

The first pizza. Certainly some room for improvement: we stretched the dough a bit too thin, there was too much pepperoni which made it a bit too greasy.

IMG_0230.jpg

The second one in the "oven"

IMG_0222.jpg

Once heated, the temperature rose to quadruple digits, pushing the needle almost all the way around.

IMG_0227.jpg

The second pizza out of the oven.

Once you get the hang of it you'll be making some great pies. You did good on your first shot at it.

I agree with Rich. That was awesome for your first one. You'll just have to make more till you get it down. I know it'll be tough but I'm sure you push through:)

Great start it will only get better. your going to love it in the warm weather for sure. Enjoy.

Congrats on your new toy. Looks like the heart shaped pepperoni works better than round. :p

The hardest part to get right is to sufficiently cook the top of the pie. You nailed that part. Everything else will follow with some minir tweaks.

I know those were good! All of my pies turn out in funny shapes - I think it's mainly because I'm going more for a thin crust....... play around with 2-3x the dough for a thick crust once in a while & let me know if it's easier to handle. I've got a few ebooks on pizzas, one of them shows how to stretch on the top of your fingers / knuckles like this (I didn't watch the whole vid, just watched thumbnails to this part):

Start at 3:00 to see what I've been trying ----- I don't know what the rest of the vid is about

Good Luck & Keep the pics coming

Congrats Ryan, that's a great first go with the kettle pizza maker. Just a FYI, you can NOT have too much pepperoni. There is no such thing as too much pepperoni

That first pie look sbetter than the best I've made. No such thing as too thin crust, too much pepperoni or too much grease, but I am from New Haven, we like it that way.

I know those were good! All of my pies turn out in funny shapes - I think it's mainly because I'm going more for a thin crust....... play around with 2-3x the dough for a thick crust once in a while & let me know if it's easier to handle. I've got a few ebooks on pizzas, one of them shows how to stretch on the top of your fingers / knuckles like this (I didn't watch the whole vid, just watched thumbnails to this part):

Start at 3:00 to see what I've been trying ----- I don't know what the rest of the vid is about

Good Luck & Keep the pics coming

My "technique" wasn't anything like this. Thanks for the tip -- I'm going to try it out tomorrow.

Back