photobucket gone nuts ?

You all got me curious, I haven't used Photobucket for several years.
Just checked, and my pics are still there and it says I've used 4% of my storage.
Now to see if any old pics show up here.

000_0341.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

I went into Photobucket and I could still view all my albums and appears i could still post. It says I'm 90% full. But when i look at all my posts using Photobucket going back to 2014 all the photos are blocked and can no longer be viewed. This really sucks.

I just downloaded all of mine from PB to my hard drive, they were zipped.
There were several I didn't want to lose, like of Brooke, who will be 9 years old next Monday.

xXqTEJ-U8vICAJ4dbLafp3-CXW0iosYYsJj2FFNM4dZXPupnKgQD6T3gqEenkYVsu9n9crg8HjOdJEDtj5lStZ360ehYo1-mCY5MbAJlwWkfohJ1BxqIEdH5TVBPdsvbrLpE_cTLURy8XH91xLqiRvaKGWz1lYp0tFDVF1Lhbly4mhMCdV2SE-yg15U-PLara7fiYmG-vsee0e051GZpnkudHDeq4U67TMb3KNYl_hL4Rekzu89YgdespiW0mzEXEsWTavfx8OMIzQ4rrE6S4Nv11TM4xBKR_XkS8r6G3HiNSsAqcloqlKubdNbPgLNmmeBtLDIH6wFOJSMgXB-nKUU4TPPETa-Jo2cHK4DX5RbqoVQIdqU6xD0U_diNZUf6tDMCPzxSGpWjCyl0zXt5piyfDROvNOKSMnpZeGwUboteu3yuhBv-BfP7AeXsvcylwovj_uhVtq40Xu6W6BjR6zOfyqoSeKi4XPcFNY4CMeH4apDQhD-SM9TYbfVra61DrO85-kFoX2F_QTCRkW1LJJdWh3udLfSRE6UtH6qXVO2-PqsK59Netax1GYmugyFiHhtcTpNWnwKwSv70joDFcMvyemMXRswPLiBRzWPyFHoAx1EMQKOJ=w1196-h896-no

Last edited:
I paid for ad free with PB after I was told that my free account was full. Can't remember the exact cost but it wasn't much. I just tried adding a picture to one of my threads and it loaded fine. The difference between ad free and the free version was night and day, much faster.
But to be on the safe side I'm going to try a couple of others.

At one point recently, I saw a $9.95/month membership with them (which is tolerable, though pretty high, IMHO). The link I used from their email this morning brought me to a page asking me to sign up for a $400/year plan. Absolutely nuts.

I hardly use them. been a loooong time. so I signed in and it was useless. same experience as chris.
so now I need to find something else.

I went into Photobucket and I could still view all my albums and appears i could still post. It says I'm 90% full. But when i look at all my posts using Photobucket going back to 2014 all the photos are blocked and can no longer be viewed. This really sucks.

I've found that I can view all my photos as thumbnails in my library, but when I click to view a larger version, some are displayed, some are not. Regardless, from that larger view page, I can click "Download" on the lower right side of the page and get a copy of my image.

Photobucket's greed is being discussed on the Pentax camera forum too.
One poster called it correctly when he said they're holding people's photos for ransom.

I am going to download all 600 pictures from Photobucket and forget it ever existed. Going with Imgur for now.

Well I signed up for Flickr, lets see if it works.

35268705090_2d13342b3b_z.jpg

Oh happy days it does ;)
This is the grill I got from LarryR in Las Vegas, going to be one big project!

Last edited:
Yay!
Congrats Rich on your new image host and your much desired redhead!

Don't want to hijack the thread, my apologies to the OP. But I'm happy on both counts.

Also went in and deleted 660 of the 701 photos I had in PB
What's weird is I payed a one time $9.99 fee to go ad free awhile back and for what ever reason my PB account still works. I posted a test picture on one of my former threads and it works fine. Wonder if they are going after the free accounts only.

Last edited:
I have a Flicker account, but the myriad of controls (privacy & such) confused me. If someone posts a photo there, can anyone view it, or is there a setting for that?

I'm feeling malicious and tempted to max out my storage with junk pictures then leave them there. :p

Best I can tell all my old linked photos on here from PB, back when I used it, are still showing.
Maybe since I only used 4% of my allotted space?

I have a Flicker account, but the myriad of controls (privacy & such) confused me. If someone posts a photo there, can anyone view it, or is there a setting for that?

Rusty I just signed up for Flickr yesterday, I believe when you upload a picture to Flickr there is a list of options you can do to the picture and one near the bottom is public or private.

I had a Flickr account 10 years ago but never used it, and a couple of years ago tried to access it to no avail.
I had signed up with the Yahoo email address I used at the time.
Tried again today and got it working, I think.
Uploaded this pic for a test.
34967487733_b8192f5305_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can see it, not sure if anyone else can.:)
Google Photos, with unlimited storage, is still easier for me.

Last edited:

Back