Performer BluBQ

Doug Selman

TVWBB Super Fan
I had been watching Craig's List for a while now, and finally snagged a "new-to-me" Performer last Friday, just in time for the Big Game cook! I think it is an '11-'12 model, the lid vent is stamped AA (2011?) and the Serial # begins with AU (2012?). It is in real good shape, but the charcoal and cooking grate were a little rusty, but nothing a little heat, wire brush, and food didn't take care of. I asked the seller if he had ever registered it and he hadn't, so I did first thing. I need to
get a cover for it. Does anyone know the part # for the correct cover?

Here are a few pics and the fist cook on it.

Plated Pork Steak, loaded baked spud, and salad

Going to enjoy this new toy! :D

Nice BBQ, congrats! Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get the heavy duty grate upgrade for it. (the one that the sides lift to add charcoal during a cook) The difference between the heavy duty grate and the stock grate is night and day. Of course, you can go all out and get the cast iron grate :)

Congrats Doug!
way to start off by grilling a pork steak.

I have the Weber cover for mine, and it is a tight fit.
another member recommenced the Yukon cover, and it's $27 compared to $40 for the Weber.
you can check it out by searching Amazon via the TVWBB link above.
[h=1]Yukon Glory Original 7455 Premium Cover for Weber Performer Series Grills[/h]

She's a beauty! I like the silver/gray colors on the frame and valve cover of those newer ones.
Do you mind sharing how much it cost you?

Doug, you're going to find that the "new to you" Performer is going to be the most enjoyable tool in your cooking arsenal. The versatility of the Performer is second to none and it's just plan fun to cook on. ENJOY

Bill

Nice machine and great score and cook. If you want a Weber cover buy the cover for the 2015 performer, it's a little bigger because the lid bail on the 2015 is bigger.

I have the Weber cover for mine, and it is a tight fit.
another member recommenced the Yukon cover, and it's $27 compared to $40 for the Weber.
you can check it out by searching Amazon via the TVWBB link above.
Yukon Glory Original 7455 Premium Cover for Weber Performer Series Grills

Thanks for the lead Bob, I will definitely take a look at that one.

Do you mind sharing how much it cost you?

When the seller first listed it I thought he was a little high at $200, then he dropped it to $150 in about a week. So after a few days I emailed to see if it was still available
and I ended up getting it for $140. The Platinums are usually listed in this area for $150-200, so I was happy. There's an older Green SS Performer in the same area right now for $125.

Doug;
I just received a Yukon cover for my new Performer the other day. I am quite happy with it. It is easy on and off and works well.

Just like with the Weber cover, it is a good idea to put something on the table under the cover to "tent it up" to keep water and snow from building up on top of the cover. I use a gallon milk jug half full of water (you need to allow for expansion when the water freezes if you live in an area where that's a problem. The weight of the water keeps the jug in place during high winds.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Doug;
I just received a Yukon cover for my new Performer the other day. I am quite happy with it. It is easy on and off and works well.

Just like with the Weber cover, it is a good idea to put something on the table under the cover to "tent it up" to keep water and snow from building up on top of the cover. I use a gallon milk jug half full of water (you need to allow for expansion when the water freezes if you live in an area where that's a problem. The weight of the water keeps the jug in place during high winds.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Thanks for the info Robert! I looked at it the other day and I'm going to order one, just got sidetracked and haven't done it yet. Going to use a gift card from Christmas towards
it and use the TVWBB link.

Nice score, I have been looking for a Blue performer for awhile now.
I finally broke down and bought one new at Crate & Barrel its a lighter blue that what looks like yours is.
I wish I could have scored a deal like that..
I hope to have mine assembled this weekend. Pics will follow.

Back