Pepper Stout Pork

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
This recipe is based on Larry Wolfe’s Pepper Stout Beef. I have made it with beef and I have also
made it with pork. We actually prefer the pork, so pork it is today.

The ingredients for the Pepper Stout Pork and my Sweet Heat beans. Not shown is the diced
garlic, Dijon Mustard and Worchestire sauce.

Pork butt is on the 18.5 WSM. I seasoned it last night with Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow and
covered the rub with a light coating of mustard. I am using KBB and a mixture of hickory and
cherry wood. Cooking at 250 today.

Peppers and onions cut up and ready for the pork butt.

Got the beans ready to go onto the smoker as soon as I put the pork butt in the pan with the
veggies.

After 5 hours the butt reached an internal temp of 165. It was pulled and added to the veggie
and stout mixture. Covered tightly and put back onto the WSM.

Beans added to the lower shelf of the WSM.

Another 3 hours and the butt was at 202 internal and probe tender. I pulled the meat and mixed
it with the juices.

Put back onto the WSM, uncovered, to reduce the liquid.

Both the beans and the butt are done!

Here’s your plate! Pepper Stout Pork served on Texas toast.

A real delicious and filling meal. If you haven’t tried the recipe with pork I recommend that you
give it a shot.

Thanks for looking!

Pork variant of this legendary recipe in your version seems perfect Mike!!! Very nicely done my friend!!! And your pics are perfect as allways;)

I have made it with pork also and like both. Great cook, and them beans look awesome!

What he said. I had a group over yesterday and PSB was one of my menu items. Along with my version of baked beans, which don't look THAT different fromt he OP's. :)

That Gents is how it is done, perfection Mike. Wish I was at the table for that one. Will do on the pork version next time

Oh my Mike, that all looks outstanding!
I could make a meal with just the beans, but the PSP has my mouth watering!

Great idea using pork. .............. When are you going to make Pepper Stout "Chicken" or "Turkey" ............ just an idea.

Back