Party Burgers and Pie

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
This is my first post using a photo host site other that Photobucket. It's decision time with PB and I'm looking at other options. Anyway, another Birthday party for the grand kids and their families. Burgers and hot dogs were the menu for the day. I made a macaroni salad and my wife made a French Potato salad too. For dessert I made a rhubarb pie on my 14" WSM. Here are the pictures.

The day before I got the patties ready to go and put in fridge. I knew I'd be pressed for time on party day. Used my Burger Pocked Press, ring only, to form the 4 oz. patties.

enhance

enhance

Ready for the fridge until tomorrow.

enhance

Cubed the rhubarb, combined with pie ingredients and lined homemade pie shell. Dough made with orange juice rather than water.

enhance

I do this every time. As my Mom used to say, my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Too much filling. I knew it right away but hunger driven, i used it all making the upper crust nearly impossible to seal. Oh well.....

enhance

On the WSM, running a hot 400 degrees for 60 minutes.

enhance

Pulled after an hour. Sooo ugly, but smelled delicious.

enhance

Ready for the feast.

enhance

Used the Mojoe for the burgers and dogs.

enhance

One of our daughters and her boyfriend are Vegans so I did their Boca Burgers and Vegan dogs on my JJ.

enhance

Nice crust on the burgers using the hot griddle. The dogs were Nathans.

enhance

Some American Cheese for those who wanted it.

enhance

Mine, of course, was a double, with a dog and both salads.

enhance

And there was pie.

enhance

Had a fun day and the grand kids had a great time. We were all stuffed. Hope you're having a good week. The weekend is almost upon us. Thanks for looking.

No wonder the floc comes to your house, grandpa accommodates everybody..Excellent cook Cliff.

How did the new site perform? It certainly captured your beautiful pictures well! And as always Cliff your food speaks for itself. Everything looks delicious. Plated pic is killer! Love the pie too.

Great cook and I'm sure the grand kids loved it. Pie looks fantastic.

I'm done with PB too, I can still us it but now I have to load pictures one at a time. If I batch load they don't stay in sequence they get spread out all over the library.

Who are you using now?

Cliff, I'd take that plate of food any time. Everything looks awesome and I'm sure everyone had a great time. Your a super grandpa.

Your cooks are simply amazing. I can't get over how perfect your pies come out. Amazing

Thanks everyone

How did the new site perform? It certainly captured your beautiful pictures well!

Who are you using now?

Rich and Robert... I'm giving Shutterfly a try. It's a little early in the game to give much of an assessment, but so far so good. It's free too. It's user friendly and I'm enjoying it right now. It's no faster than Photo Bucket, but I believe that's due to my home wifi rather than the host site. Unfortunately I have to rely on a broadband connection through my phone company as there is no cable out where we live.

I don't care for pie so I'll just have another burger. And another hot dog, too, to make it a balanced meal.

Back