Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings

Well Done Hayden..
icon_smile.gif

I am going to do this with pineapple tomorrow....
I picked up some crushed pineapple, going to sugar it and cook it down then add other ingredients.... hoping to kind of get that Hui Hui effect.... I don't exactly know why I am doing this, because the orange marmalade ones were just incredible... I guess none of us in here is every satisfied
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Jamie Berry:
Here are some pics of my first run with this awesome sauce. I sprinkled on some rub and cooked indirectly for an hour then dipped wings in Wolfe's "OMS" sauce a couple times.

I'm want to cook a beercan chicken and paint them with this sauce in the last 15 minutes

http://picasaweb.google.com/ja...ings?feat=directlink

Jamie, one word sums up that cook of yours.....INCREDIBLE! Awesome wings and pics!! Beatuiful dog too, did you share??
icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, the wings! And the view in the background on that last pic! You're mean!
icon_wink.gif

Larry,
Great post and what a wonderful sounding recipe, sounds like a really good mix of sweet and spicey. I've seen bottles of Sriracha Sauce in the pat, but wasn't real caught-up on it. I read through the post and the linked article.

I'm off to Walmart this week, hoping to find a bottle of that green topped stuff.

I'll give this a shot in the next few weeks, pretty excited.

I gave Bryan's RSC a try last week and loved it.

Looks to me that I have another new chicken recipe to add to the bunch.

Appreciate it!!

Indeed it was, Larry!

I found that those smaller wings in the picture got a bit more crispy and crunchy than the larger wings, which I prefer. Though, I haven't seen any super markets which carry different size wings. They're usually just the big Purdue packs.

I'd love to find some smaller wings so I can make more for parties, etc... That's about 4.5lbs of wings pictured (clipped the ends) and only yielded 24 wings. Most of them were quite meaty!

I suppose I could also break out the WSM to do larger quantities...

Originally posted by JeremyC:
Indeed it was, Larry!

I'd love to find some smaller wings so I can make more for parties, etc... That's about 4.5lbs of wings pictured (clipped the ends) and only yielded 24 wings. Most of them were quite meaty!

I got into the habit of purchasing whole fryers every week and breaking them down myself. Buy the same size birds and the wings stay fairly consistent, and they add up quick. Larry's recipe came along at the right time. They were adding up, and the typical wing doesn't 'fly'
icon_rolleyes.gif
around my house.

Gary

Originally posted by JeremyC:

I'd love to find some smaller wings so I can make more for parties, etc...

If I want smaller wings I usually get them in frozen 10lb bags for about $16 at Costco or at most local food warehouses. Perfect for parties.

Y'all might consider using Sambal Oelek, practically the same thing as Sriracha but the Sabal Oelek has garlic in it.

When I make these I'll be using it because I have it on hand.

Garlic would add a nice touch, I believe...

One could always add a teaspoon or two of garlic powder to the sauce for the added effect

Originally posted by Shawn W:
Y'all might consider using Sambal Oelek, practically the same thing as Sriracha but the Sabal Oelek has garlic in it.

Shawn, you have it backwards. Sriracha is chiles and garlic, Sabal Oelek is straight chiles. Both are very good and both will work the same!

Sambal Oelek is quite a bit hotter than Sriracha, just a warning to anyone who wants to try that. I love the stuff...actually, that's a good idea for my next batch.

My version of Larry's wings....

I didn't use any rub. And in the glaze, I didn't add brown sugar or honey. Instead, I used Hoisin sauce, which is a dark soy-based sauce which adds a good amount of sweetness. It's kind of like Chinese BBQ sauce. I also added some lime juice to the marinade. Other than that, Sriracha and marmalade.

Another tip of the hat to Bryan S. For my meal, I did his foil-wrapped whole onions. I don't do the butter and beef broth, though. Instead add fressh herbs and cheese. I love the idea of using a whole onion, though, as a veg. It's a great way to make onion a star.

3837790223_4aeec7dd20.jpg

3837790229_0fe6289b1d.jpg

3837790235_a1efe7ab76.jpg

3837790239_3613d10ee7.jpg

3837790245_5b1ce2f407.jpg

Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn W:

Shawn, you have it backwards. Sriracha is chiles and garlic, Sabal Oelek is straight chiles. Both are very good and both will work the same! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>oops, you're right, thanks for straightening me out

Originally posted by Shawn W:

oops, you're right, thanks for straightening me out

Shawn, I am not right often, just ask my wife! Sorry, but I gotta take advantage of every opportunity I get!
icon_wink.gif

Nice Wings G! I like your version with the Hoisin! A little star anise and five spice powder would have worked great with that combo too on the wings AND PORK CHOPS!!! That's what I want for dinner now!!!

Back