Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings

Well, we should give this recipe it's own acronym, if one hasn't already been started.
OMSW, or LOMSW.

I used some of my home-made pepper/apple jelly with it yesterday, and the wings were outstanding!
This was my first attempt, and I plan to use peach preserves next time.

Larry, start planning your victory cook for next week-end.
Our sorry Rams will hand your Skins a win, on a platter
icon_mad.gif

This recipe rocks! I agree it needs it's own acronym or special name. I've been calling it Wolfe Glaze. My last batch of peach I used on some bacon wrapped dove breasts, they didn't last no time. Sorry, no pics...I was at a friends cookout.

I used this the other day on some leg quarters. Delish! Can't wait to try it w/ Peach Preserves.

I just had a quick question, when in the original recipe it says "repeat one more time", does that mean cook for one hour, dip in sauce and cook 15 minutes, the dip again and cook for another 15 minutes?

Originally posted by ScottP:
I just had a quick question, when in the original recipe it says "repeat one more time", does that mean cook for one hour, dip in sauce and cook 15 minutes, the dip again and cook for another 15 minutes?
Yes. Cook 15 minutes after each dip so the sauce will set.

I am planning on making this my Friday grill. However, I have this need to pair everything with the right beer and side. Anyone want to make a recommendation?

Right now I am thinking of going with either a Blue Moon or a Sam Adam's Summer. Both have their own citrus complements but could be overpowered if the cook is spicier than I think.

As for sides, I am stumped completely. I like using the hot zones for a side, just makes more sense. Any ideas?

Interesting question on the beer. The first one that came to my mind was Sapporo or maybe Kirin. Depending on the heat level maybe pale ale? I'll probably get flamed for this but I'd probably just crack a Miller Lite or two with them.

Originally posted by Willie Williams:
I am planning on making this my Friday grill. However, I have this need to pair everything with the right beer and side. Anyone want to make a recommendation?

Right now I am thinking of going with either a Blue Moon or a Sam Adam's Summer. Both have their own citrus complements but could be overpowered if the cook is spicier than I think.

As for sides, I am stumped completely. I like using the hot zones for a side, just makes more sense. Any ideas?

My first thought and recommendation for beer would be COLD!
icon_biggrin.gif

But, I can be serious from time to time, so here goes....

The wings are not fire hot, they're 'spicy sweet' and I think it's more of a 'back heat' at the end, not an overwhelming heat when you first take a bite.

I like the Sam Adams Summer idea, or maybe a Hefeweizen or Pale Ale as previously recommended.

Belgian white ale with an organge slice.

Or, like Larry said, a Hefe (with an orange instead of lemon)

I have to say, I've enjoyed my sriracha wings with a variety of beers. Sam Adam's Summer Ale, Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale, various Heffeweizen's, Newcastle Brown Ale.... It's really hard to go wrong with any variety of wings, and most beers. Beer has an effervescent property to it, with so many others, that make it a perfect compliment to wings.

Originally posted by RayP:
This recipe rocks! I agree it needs it's own acronym or special name. I've been calling it Wolfe Glaze. My last batch of peach I used on some bacon wrapped dove breasts, they didn't last no time. Sorry, no pics...I was at a friends cookout.

No excuse! LOL A camera is an absolute must any time food is involved in your life...whether you're cooking at home, having others cook for you...or even at a restaurant. Many of life's best moments revolve around meal time...as it usually represents a break away from all the hard work and toil the majority of our days are filled with. I can't imagine a time where I smile more. Good food, good people, a retreat from everything that irks me. Yeah. Food=camera time....even if you're only snapping off shots with your phone's camera.

man...can't wait to try this..I'm a huge wing fan and like to whip up all types or Rubs/ Marinades...what exactly is the Wolfe Rub Citrus...Thanks

Originally posted by stu black:
man...can't wait to try this..I'm a huge wing fan and like to whip up all types or Rubs/ Marinades...what exactly is the Wolfe Rub Citrus...Thanks
It's one of 3 good rub recipes (others include Wolfe Rub Original and Wolfe Rub Bold) that Larry Wolfe use to make and sell, but the recipes are now available to all here.

Bill

Thanks for the recipe, I cooked these last night and they turned out great. Only thing I did different is I just used Lawry's season salt instead of the rub. I also soaked some corn in some water heavily seasoned with Old Bay for about 8 hours or so before I threw them on the grill in husk and they turned out fantastic too!

Made some moink balls and glazed them with this sauce. They were Outstanding. Next time I'll use grape and make a double batch so I have some sauce for dipping.

Originally posted by Shawn W:
Y'all might consider using Sambal Oelek, practically the same thing as Sriracha but the Sabal Oelek has garlic in it.

When I make these I'll be using it because I have it on hand.
Was thinking the same thing myself. Since my fam is vietnamese, I've been drinking Sriracha and Sambal Oelek since I was a baby. Sambal Oelek has a very different flavor profile though. I find Sambal to have more tang. There are certain things you eat with Sriracha, and certain things we eat with Sambal. My girlfriend will even poke fun at me when I "mix" it up and use the wrong one for a dish.

Originally posted by John Solak:
Made some moink balls and glazed them with this sauce. They were Outstanding. Next time I'll use grape and make a double batch so I have some sauce for dipping.

I thought about trying the sauce on MOINK Balls this coming weekend.

I finally made these wings for a neighbor's football party and they came out great! I was a little worried about some of the "sensitive palettes" that some folks have
icon_rolleyes.gif
so I cut the Sriracha to 1/4 cup and that was a good heat level for most folks. I would rather have more heat so next time I will go back to 1/3 cup.

PC280661.JPG

Back