Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings

Seriously though Gary, if you ever have to part ways with that grill, I got first dibs. I'd pay the S&H regardless of what it is. I just don't care. I want it. LOL I love redheads.

Made these tonight. Absolutely spectacular sauce. The sauce itself is quite spicy (my wife didnt think she'd like it), but its tamer on the wings.

I really enjoy the crispiness of fried wings though, so I'm gonna try this with them next time.

Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ralph Grunz:
I ordered a 17oz bottle for $9.89
Super Wal-Mart carries the Siracha with the green top and the Rooster on the front of the bottle for $2.00 a bottle. Been buying it there for years.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>I picked up some at my neighborhood Kroger... It was in the international foods section... only $2.40... I found some other interesting stuff over there too... I gotta get out more LOL

MR
Larry Wolfe.....
THIS recipe is one of best recipes in the history of the free world... Thank you for sharing it with us...

Originally posted by Ralph Grunz:
MR
Larry Wolfe.....
THIS recipe is one of best recipes in the history of the free world... Thank you for sharing it with us...

Ahh, thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

If i wanted to smoke and then deep fry would you recommend dry rubbing and adding the siracha sauce after frying as suggested in the cooking topics on buffalo wings prep.

Originally posted by Jamie Berry:
If i wanted to smoke and then deep fry would you recommend dry rubbing and adding the siracha sauce after frying as suggested in the cooking topics on buffalo wings prep.

I would smoke the wings plain for an hour or so, then deep fry and toss in sauce. I would mix the dry rub in with the sauce if you're using Wolfe Rub Citrus, the sugar in the WRC will burn and turn the wings black if you deep fry.

Such a great sauce. I've substituted the orange marmalade for apricot jam/jelly, and that was awesome. I've also used raspberry jam and used it on ribs. I can't get enough of this stuff. I've already made a quart sized batch of the original recipe and bottled it into squeeze bottles for daily use. LOL I'm hooked on this stuff, hard core.

I have to tell you, I was hesitant to read this thread. Last week, I went to visit my mom back home, and she had a baked chicken dish ready with one of those strange orange sauces on it. The sauce was actually orange marmalade, russian dressing, and french onion dip mix. I love my mom, but that was crazy.

Yet in spite of that recent traumatic experience, I'm still thinking I really need to try this recipe, like tomorrow. And then I need to make it for my mom. She did raise me on Buffalo wings after all (it's true, family from Buffalo). It's time to show her the light again. And she can still have her marmalade.

Man, this chicken wing method is going to get recipe of the year. It's pretty simple to make and oh so tasty.

I've made a variation of my own, I'll post some pics soon.

I encourage anyone who likes this recipe to try it substituting the orange marmalade with raspberry or apricot jelly. They're equally amazing. Extremely versatile recipe. This is the best thing I've ever pulled out of this forum.

Originally posted by George L:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Extremely versatile recipe. This is the best thing I've ever pulled out of this forum.

+1 No doubt.

Last week I used apricot-pineapple preserve. Came out awesome... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww now you got me thinking and drooling about the pineapple combo!!!

I have about 4 lbs of wings on the Performer w/ CI grate right now. I substituted raspberry preserves for the orange marm. Stuff tastes reallllly good. I'll take pics of the wings prior and after the saucing...and once again when they're all finished up. Shapin' up to be some fine eats. This raspberry stuff is amazing. It's destined to adorn porterhouse pork chops, baby back ribs, and bone-in chicken breasts in the near future. I'm making up a big batch right now so I can fill a few squeeze bottles with it.

The only thing that sucks about making these things is the hour and a friggin' half it takes for them to cook. I'm hungry NOW, dammit.

Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
The only thing that sucks about making these things is the hour and a friggin' half it takes for them to cook. I'm hungry NOW, dammit.

Hayden, if you're in a hurry you can always mix the Wolfe Rub Citrus in with the Marmalade mixture and then just grill the wings naked, then finish with the dipping process indirect. That should take a little bit off the cook time.

I bought Peach Preserves to do this tomorrow on some wings. I envision the addition of a little cinnamon to the mix..........we'll see tomorrow!

Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hayden McCall:

Hayden, if you're in a hurry you can always mix the Wolfe Rub Citrus in with the Marmalade mixture and then just grill the wings naked, then finish with the dipping process indirect. That should take a little bit off the cook time.

I bought Peach Preserves to do this tomorrow on some wings. I envision the addition of a little cinnamon to the mix..........we'll see tomorrow! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peach preserves and cinnamon. That sounds awesome. I'll have to try that, along with the pineapple-apricot mix. I have to admit, I like the raspberry preserves best so far. Not that the orange marm ones aren't amazing. There's just so much you can do with the base of that recipe. It's incredibly hard to go wrong in my opinion. To get the char on the wings that I like, I take the lid off for the last 5-10 minutes and move the wings right over the coals. The 350 that the wings cook at for the previous hour +, just doesn't seem to blacken them enough, despite the sugar content of the sauce.

Back