Orange Crush Chicken Brine

GGross

TVWBB Pro
I make my brine with 1 cup of salt, 1/3 cup sugar to 1 gal water when I put the chicken in the ziploc bag I add 1 cup + of apple cider to the mix. Well the last time I went to get the apple cider the kids had drank it all so I improvised and found some Orange Crush so I use that, here we go: chicken, brine mix, Orange Crush and ziploc

I direct cook for 8 to 10 minutes to get some crisp on it. Then I pull the trays our to edge and use the center as indirect cooking. I didn't get a pic of that

Last edited:
Orange Crush? I didn't know they still made that stuff. I loved it. Right there with Nehi. Anyway G, very innovative and creative. Your chicken looks delicious!

i agree ! So , G , what did you think of the flavor of the chicken? Was the orange crush a good flavor enhancer?

The sweetness comes through more than the orange, when I did this with wings you got a little of the orange flavor probably because of more surface area on the wings

Great looking chicken! I wondered about the sweetness with the orange crush and the added sugar, might give it a try without the added sugar.

Back