One Hot Sauce To Rule Them All?

I think you'll like it, post the results
Had it before, liked it a lot, I only marinated for 4 hours, felt like the next time I would definitely go all night.
Which I did, can’t wait. Going to start at 12 so I can watch the Niners.

Had it before, liked it a lot, I only marinated for 4 hours, felt like the next time I would definitely go all night.
Which I did, can’t wait. Going to start at 12 so I can watch the Niners.
Overnight minimum. I've put mine in on Thursday for a Saturday cook. Enjoy the cook & game

Panola Pepper Suace. Not hot, fantastic on everything full of flavor.

Attachments

• AE7D9094-623A-40E5-A9E6-88E1E7DD9A94.png
    AE7D9094-623A-40E5-A9E6-88E1E7DD9A94.png
    230 KB · Views: 6
Bridget likes Frank's the best, hated Cholula, for whatever that's worth.
That's Julia. Bridget is the other one.

I love ATK/Cook's Country, but their views on southwestern cuisine should be largely ignored. They're all New Englanders with very little experience with authentic southwestern cooking. They did a segment on flour tortillas and eliminated out of hand any of the tortillas that weren't very thin. They favored the obviously machine made tortillas over the ones that were much closer to handmade. All of the freshly made (before my eyes) tortillas I've ever had were on the thicker side.

Their notion of properly made rice is also very narrow. They insist each grain should be separate. If you're using long grain rice, that's true, but it's hardly the only style of rice that exists. I generally prefer medium grain, which is starchier, with the grains sticking to each other just a bit.

Choosing Frank's over Cholula is good indication of how unauthentic their tastes are when it comes to cuisines not native to New England.

Sambal ulek (oelek)
And you can use it to make any other sambal.
Its just raw chili's with salt.
From there, you can go on to sambal manis, sambal badjak, sambal bawang, sambal goreng...
I got a fridge full of hot sauces)pastes. Even if i would never harvest a chili again, I'll have enough to last a lifetime :ROFLMAO:
Hi Anne

I found this recipe for making Sambal Oelek, and it looks easy enough. Question for you, the woman in the video goes to the effort of removing the skin from the tomato. Do you think it's necessary since it get ran through the processor?

Question for you, the woman in the video goes to the effort of removing the skin from the tomato. Do you think it's necessary since it get ran through the processor?
In my experience it only affects the texture. If you don't mind little curls of tomato skin in the final product, then leave the skins on. I don't usually bother removing the skins, but then I've never made sambal.

If I had to have only one sauce it would be Tabasco.

Gumbo is not gumbo without Tabasco sauce.

My standards are tabasco ( gumbo, shrimp creole, chili.), louisiana hot sauce ( white beans, chicken n dumplings), cholola (mexcan) franks red hot (wings,)

Marie Sharp's - generally 5 different levels of heat
These minis dictate the 5 levels in this order. 1, 4, 3, 2 and the farthest right is the hottest level 5....it won't kill you but it's pretty warm.
My favorite is #3 in the middle......
Central American made with lots of veggies, a real good flavor.

A big +1 on the Marie Sharp's.

I never tried that one, but have tried the guacamole hot sauce they make.
Wonder if they are similar or the same?
I had not tried the Herdez guac salsa until today, on some taquitos.
It's the medium style and had plenty of heat for me. The ingredients are pretty much the same as their avocado hot sauce, it's thicker, but not chunky like many salsas.
To heck with their avocado hot sauce, this is a much bigger jar for less than the 5 oz. bottle.

Back