Official 2021 Upper Midwest Weber Gas Grill Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob, We likely won't be in Chicago or the burbs and this isn't scheduled to happen until next summer. But I totally understand the distance thing. If you find yourself out this way at the time on business or whatever, feel free to drop in last minute.

We will certainly be looking for a location well outside Chicago, but for those potentially flying in I can see that as an issue.

Flying in if further north can be accomplished at MSP and just do a car rental to location. Pretty easy to get out of there. Even as much as Chicago is still "home" to me I am staying away as well. Mostly because of the out of control crime. Even if I was carrying I still would not feel safe in there right now

Yah, they have a quarantine order for people coming from out of state too. I live in the Wisconsin Dells and thousands of Chicagoans visit the area every weekend. I doubt they quarantine when they get home. I think the bigger issue though is the crime right now.

Yah, they have a quarantine order for people coming from out of state too. I live in the Wisconsin Dells and thousands of Chicagoans visit the area every weekend. I doubt they quarantine when they get home. I think the bigger issue though is the crime right now.

To pick nits, the tourists should be quarantining on arrival to the Dells as well as on their return.

As a side note, until close to the end of 2020, there's highway construction immediately outside of MSP Terminal 1. That should be completed well in advance of your bash.

We now have a Michigan representative with Timothy Lewis chiming in.
That makes 12 so far and a great start. We have plenty of room for others.

I will Get you added Jim. This makes 13 RSVP's so far.

Note to everyone:
In the future, if interested in attending, please send a private conversation directly to me.

1596119368599.pngBruceLyndon Station, Juneau County, Wisconsin, United States of America
Dave in KCKansas City, Jackson County, Missouri, United States of America
Jon TofteBrazil, Clay County, Indiana, United States of America
Jeff VarchminBartlett, Cook County, Illinois, 60103, United States of America
Greg MSpringfield, Greene County, Missouri, United States of America
LMichealsRockford, Winnebago County, Illinois, United States of America
G SchaferLake Villa, Lake County, Illinois, United States of America
Rick WHollidaysburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Brian B AtlantaAtlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, United States of America
Dave MazzBlue Grass, Scott County, Iowa, United States of America
MMaetzoldSt. Cloud, Stearns County, Minnesota, United States of America
Timothy F. LewisKalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan, United States of America
JimZBarrington, Cook County, Illinois, United States of America

2021 Midwest grill meet.jpg

Northern Illinois still looks like a good focal point. Great to see the growing interest! I hope I can bring a couple cool grills, and I really hope Dave will bring his red Weber gas kettle!

Well my daughter will be gone by then. She placed an offer on a house yesterday and it was accepted........................................FINALLY she will fly the nest

Larry,
I imagine you and your wife probably don’t want a bunch of Weber grill heads having an all day picnic in your backyard, but it is a very nice one!😎

Another list member from the Chicago area just RSVP'ed. TonyS T-Bone is a go. We now have 14 RSVP's. I will wait to post an updated map to keep the thread from getting too cluttered.

Time for an update. We now have 15 forum members who have indicated interest in attending next summer. It is getting more clear that the meet will probably happen in the Northern Illinois area or thereabouts.

Right now we are looking for interested list members. There is no firm commitments at this point. That will come later. We understand it is almost a full year away and things change. At some point down the road, we will be looking for a bit more of a commitment after we being firming up our plans for this thing. But now is it just interest in attending.

Please private message me if you are interested in attending and include your city with the request and I will get you added.

Here is the list of those who have RSVP'ed so far:

BruceLyndon Station, Juneau County, Wisconsin, United States of America
Dave in KCKansas City, Jackson County, Missouri, United States of America
Jon TofteBrazil, Clay County, Indiana, United States of America
Jeff VarchminBartlett, Cook County, Illinois, 60103, United States of America
Greg MSpringfield, Greene County, Missouri, United States of America
LMichealsRockford, Winnebago County, Illinois, United States of America
G SchaferLake Villa, Lake County, Illinois, United States of America
Rick WHollidaysburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Brian B AtlantaAtlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, United States of America
Dave MazzBlue Grass, Scott County, Iowa, United States of America
MMaetzoldSt. Cloud, Stearns County, Minnesota, United States of America
Timothy F. LewisKalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan, United States of America
JimZBarrington, Cook County, Illinois, United States of America
TonyS T-BoneWestern Springs, Cook County, Illinois, 60558, United States of America
Alex HanMadison, Dane County, Wisconsin, United States of America

And here is the map with pins for everyone.2020-08-10_Map.jpg

A quick update to the RSVP map. This thing is certainly making N. Illinois the likely meeting spot for the get together next summer. There are no plans to hold it in or near Chicago at this point, although we have a great representation for that particular area. I hope others on the list will RSVP as the summer winds down and winter commences. At some point this winter we will start nailing down some specifics such as the location and date and then we can work on the bells and whistles after that.
I invite any list members to consider attending. You don't have to be from the Midwest as you see have people from Georgia and Pennsylvania already on the list. But, I know there are a lot more members within a few hours drive of N. Illinois that really need to consider spending a day with other Weber enthusiasts. Also, this isn't limited to only gas grillers or even list members. If you want to bring a significant other, a buddy or a whoever, you/they are welcome.

Map.jpg

Attachments

• Map Names.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back