Official 2021 Upper Midwest Weber Gas Grill Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update: We have 20 forum members who have shown interest in attending the meet this summer. Here is a map showing the home base of each of those members. If you would also like to be added, let me know. There is no firm committment at this point. We are gauging interest right now. If you have an interest and think you might like to attend, PM me with your name and City/state. If you are already on the list and no longer have interest, let me know that as well.

midwest meet map.jpg

Summer is getting close, would be nice to know the date for this event. I would need significant advance warning of the date so that I can make arrangements for vacation if I am able to come. Looking at the map. you have a lot of people who would be driving a significant distance, and at least for me, I would need to plan this trip far in advance.

Yep, Rick, you are right and we get it. The date will have to fit with the availability of a location. Stay tuned.

Yes sorry but this passing of the MIL has my wife scrambling just a little while she works through the details with her sister and the rest of the family. I will try to have something together one way or the other ASAP. But I "get it" not everyone here is retired

Larry, You all need to take the time you need after such a difficult situation. If you decide you are “crazy” enough to be able to host, we will of course base our date on what works for your household. If we wind up looking for a park or campground, then the date will depend on what’s available. We understand people want to plan ahead but our respect is for your situation. It is incredibly kind of you to even consider hosting us. A private location has many advantages and is what the Weber Kettle Club does.

I am hoping there is going to be a lot of "grilling" going on a the meet. Maybe do up a pizza or two there, ehhh?

Yes! I am for that pizza we have seen Larry make. 🍕

I hope to see Dave’s red gas kettle make an appearance. I would like to bring my CharQ and a Q200 and have a side by side cook off. Maybe also bring my two-burner Skyline with both cast iron and GrillGrates to do additional comparison grilling.

If we can get things locked down we can also approach Weber about sending some representatives possibly to do a dog and pony show. A SmokeFire demo and maybe show off the new electronically connected Genesis II would be fun. Hopefully, Chris could help with the contacts he has and perhaps even be able to be there himself👍.

Last edited:
Here, here! I’d love to meet Chris as well as the rest of you fellow nuts! Some Weber presence would be kind of cool, since it’s not going to be very far, I would hope the powers that be would see the value in showing off some products, maybe a visit from Jamie Purviance?

Yep, we are getting close to nailing down a location and date and then we will get this ball rolling. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Hey guys, new poster here. I am in Northern IL so I found this thread through google that way- at a quick glance I don't see a free classifieds or giveaway section on this site, but i see you guys talking about northern IL...

I have a summit platinum natural gas grill that needs some love- slightly rusted out box which i learned is pretty common from here but other GOOD parts... i dont want to let it go to scrap but I need it gone asap- moving and I don't have room for it. I'm in antioch.

legit just come get it, id rather see it go to an enthusiast than get scrapped.

Attachments

• 0309211630.jpg
    0309211630.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 0309211630a.jpg
    0309211630a.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 0309211630b.jpg
    0309211630b.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 0309211631.jpg
    0309211631.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 0309211631b.jpg
    0309211631b.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 0309211631d.jpg
    0309211631d.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 10
Yeah I could bring my brother's Summit up a notch by adding in that IR burner, the manifold and the extra smoke burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back