Oddly International Meal

Joel Kiess

TVWBB All-Star
{Plus. I wanted to try posting pics in the new forum}

My wife was working last night, so I pulled some stuff from the pantry for my dinner.

(Argentinia) Flank steak, that I dressed with chimichurri
had an 8 oz piece in the freezer. Did it directly on top of the chimney

IMG_20120804_184025.jpg

(Italy)Tomato basil mozzarella salad caprese
we've got an over abundance of cherry tomatoes, basil in the garden and had mozz in the fridge

IMG_20120804_173102.jpg

(India) Garlic naan from Trader Joe's
wanted garlic bread, thought this would do just fine - it did

IMG_20120804_182848.jpg

And the Plate:

IMG_20120804_192715.jpg

OH! Almost forgot - after dinner:

(Kentucky, USA) Buffalo Trace

IMG_20120804_214302.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take a 3 finger pour of your BT, on the rocks please, and a plate of what you're having Joel!
Eating alone can be great, when a Weber is involved in the prep!

Well done! I love all the color and diversity ...especially the nice after diner drink. I'm a two fingers of Maker's Mark man myself. :eek:

That was Odd in a great way!! What a great looking meal!! Hope you saved some for the wifey!! Cause i know if I didn't I would either need a proctologist or a podiatrist if you get my drift!! ;)

Very nice cook Joel. As for the chimichurri, my wife is from Argentina so we usually have two or three different blends around most of the time. Great stuff!

Very nice Joel!

Love the BT as well. Since you appear to be abourbon lover, I'll share that we were out to dinner last night and I learned there is a new Woodford Double Oak out now. I had some - it's crazy smooth.

Very nice Joel!

Love the BT as well. Since you appear to be abourbon lover, I'll share that we were out to dinner last night and I learned there is a new Woodford Double Oak out now. I had some - it's crazy smooth.

I just got into it earlier.this year. I'll keep an eye out for it - thanks!

That's quite a world tour, but it seems like it had to go really well together. I'm with you on hearing more about the chimi, I didn't even know there was more than 1 variety.

Back