NY Strips, linguisa and evoo roasted pots

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
All these NY Strip pics motivated me to cook up my last two. We’ve been playing eat the freezer and we’re about done now.

Cooked these still frozen, indirect with Avo oil and SP. then went direct to sear and build crust.

Cooked with JD and CA white oak.

1712025428299.jpeg

Sear!

1712025462067.jpeg

Resting (tented)

1712025489644.jpeg

1712025507894.jpeg

1712025888585.jpeg

1712025904063.jpeg

1712025924626.jpeg

1712025948296.jpeg

Last edited:
Good looking strips, Brett! Details on the Linguica? I have used Silva brand Chorizo (Spanish style) and Linguica for a few cooks, and really enjoyed their stuff. Always open to new brands to try! :)

R

Good looking strips, Brett! Details on the Linguica? I have used Silva brand Chorizo (Spanish style) and Linguica for a few cooks, and really enjoyed their stuff. Always open to new brands to try! :)

R
Yup, Costco Silva brand. It’s a very good product without junk and fillers. Well seasoned and balanced meat to fat ratios.

I cooked everything indirect and then dragged the linguica across the coals and rotated them to get them to blister and char.

We like it grilled the most. Snappy skin and good flavor.

As for the strips, first time I ever cooked them frozen. Definitely an excellent outcome. I’d do it again this way, for sure. Very juicy and perfectly cooked to our liking.

I’ve been trying to win that particular game Brett but, the freezer seems to be cheating!! I’m doubling down these next few weeks, I’m going to win one round of the game!
I’ll have to look for the linguica next Costco visit (wait, there’s the freezer cheating again!) and get some. Here, we don’t seem to get much of the more “ethnic” products, the basic plain white bread part of the country around here can be frustrating. There has been a Mexican/Latin presence but, not much from the rest of the world, now the “Dutch” markets are drying up even.
This was the last of my stash of baked goods from my favorite place!
IMG_0979.jpeg
Yep, the last “bunny butt Easter cake”! That did occupy a lot of freezer real estate but, I’m glad I saved it since Christmas! We were all a little teared up while enjoying it. But, those memories will be forever!

All these NY Strip pics motivated me to cook up my last two. We’ve been playing eat the freezer and we’re about done now.

Cooked these still frozen, indirect with Avo oil and SP. then went direct to sear and build crust.

View attachment 88719

Sear!

View attachment 88720

Resting (tented)

View attachment 88721

View attachment 88722

View attachment 88723

View attachment 88724

View attachment 88725

View attachment 88726

Dang good lookin' strips! Not envious at all...

I’ll have to look for the linguica next Costco visit (wait, there’s the freezer cheating again!) and get some. Here, we don’t seem to get much of the more “ethnic” products, the basic plain white bread part of the country around here can be frustrating.

i see Silva is a local CA company based in Gilroy, which is the garlic capitol of CA.

Looks amazing, as we would all expect from a Brett cook !!
you are too kind. but try the frozen steak cook method. i was quite impressed with the results. next up will be a head to head challenge of can you tell which one was frozen versus fresh? that'll be interesting. give me a few weeks. life is a bit hectic right now as we're between homes.

This is as empty as it gets. Just some frozen fruit left for margs and smoothies, a few onion rings, one pack of carne asada, some ice and frozen chicken stock.

1712100398002.jpeg

View attachment 88719

Sear!

View attachment 88720

Resting (tented)

View attachment 88721

View attachment 88722

View attachment 88723

View attachment 88724

View attachment 88725

View attachment 88726
Looks pretty perfect! 😍

Brett, those steaks good awesome. Rich hasn't cook frozen steaks, but we may try it this summer. Thanks for sharing.

Barb and I tried the "eat the freezer game" and, well that ain't going to get it.
One 18 cf. stand alone upright freezer along with a fridge freezer in the garage and the house side by side freezer.
All of which are stuffed, and we just purchased three bone in hams along with the leftovers from the last two, three corn beefs for pastrami, two free turkeys, twelve T-bone steaks. Along with already existing at least 40 lbs. of chicken, 20 + pounds of various pork cuts. 20+ pounds of pork belly for bacon,15 various steaks. And what else is in there I couldn't tell you.
And the beat goes on.
Oh, and the frozen steak, yep going to try that. Think I might have one or thirty frozen ones to choose from when the ice finally melts off of the grills.

Looks great, if you like your steaks rare with a good crust cooking from frozen can be pretty easy, My problem is I love em any way I can get em lol

Barb and I tried the "eat the freezer game" and, well that ain't going to get it.
One 18 cf. stand alone upright freezer along with a fridge freezer in the garage and the house side by side freezer.
All of which are stuffed, and we just purchased three bone in hams along with the leftovers from the last two, three corn beefs for pastrami, two free turkeys, twelve T-bone steaks. Along with already existing at least 40 lbs. of chicken, 20 + pounds of various pork cuts. 20+ pounds of pork belly for bacon,15 various steaks. And what else is in there I couldn't tell you.
And the beat goes on.
Oh, and the frozen steak, yep going to try that. Think I might have one or thirty frozen ones to choose from when the ice finally melts off of the grills.
Holy smokes, Rich. You're dangerously close to becoming a small-time grocer 🤣

Back