Not Too Exciting 4th of July Burgers

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Just sharing what I've been doing lately and has been working pretty well for me (and those I feed). We are a family of 4, and I try to start with somewhere between 1.2 and 1.25lbs of 80/20 ground chuck. I add anywhere between a teaspoon and a tablespoon of mayo - this adds a little saltiness, and some additional fat. Then I go with about a half tablespoon of Stubb's BBQ rub and a half tablespoon of Weber's (or McCormick's) burger seasoning. I form the patties and keep them cold until they go on the grill. I top with American cheese - it melts well - usually two slices. Then, for my burger, mayo on the bottom bun, ketchup on the top bun. The burger gets topped with lettuce, tomato, and pickled red onion. The pickled red onion has become a staple in our house the last few months. We put them on eggs, hot dogs, potato salad, burgers, tacos, etc. They really add a great layer. Anyway, here's the burger I quickly ate before meeting some of the neighbors last night.

1593996441405.jpeg

I don't know, Jim, I get excited anytime I see a delicious burger with a side of tots! :) Looks downright tasty from here. I didn't get much (any) grilling done this holiday weekend, so I have declared tomorrow to be BURGER NIGHT!!! (.....though it's very likely the Blackstone griddle will get the call for these.)

Nice burgers!

R

Looks like a great burger....Did you grind your own chuck beef? I’m thinking of trying that with the food processor

direct heat grilling or reversed sear method?

Looks like a great burger....Did you grind your own chuck beef? I’m thinking of trying that with the food processor

direct heat grilling or reversed sear method?

I haven't gotten into grinding my own yet, though its something I've been thinking about. Always hot and fast for me with burgers. I save reverse sear for larger cuts.

Back