No Grilling Tonight

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Snow coming down faster than I can blow it off with the snow blower! So definitely won't be bothering, and of course followed by yet ANOTHER Polar Vortex. So sick of winter
So tonight in the pressure cooker is oxtails (Osso Bucco) with red wine, a little beef bouillon, tomato paste, onion, carrots, celery and a little bit (3TBS or so) of marinara.
We shall see

Snow coming down faster than I can blow it off with the snow blower! So definitely won't be bothering, and of course followed by yet ANOTHER Polar Vortex. So sick of winter
So tonight in the pressure cooker is oxtails (Osso Bucco) with red wine, a little beef bouillon, tomato paste, onion, carrots, celery and a little bit (3TBS or so) of marinara.
We shall see
Now all you need is some fava beans and a nice Chianti! :giggle:

Ox tails! Thanks for the reminder! I need to do them this winter and I know just where to get them - the Asian market Lotte Plaza!

FWIW it was DEEEEELISH! The sauce came out incredible. We ate all 4 of the "tails" in the package, I am saving the sauce and going to use it with homemade tagliatelle for yet another meal. Looks like we ended up with 7 to 8" of white garbage. I tried going out mid afternoon yesterday and cleared the drive and front patio. It was coming down so fast it started piling up as fast as the snowblower could clear it. Did I mention how much I HATE winter?

Richard, I might need to stop enjoying your posts!
I will say that’s a beautiful beach though!!
I’m tired of this winter too Larry, not awful but, it seems like it’s been a long one!

20 years ago we moved from Southern California to retire here in the mountains of Arizona. As much as I love it here for the four seasons, I do get very tired of the cold in the winter. My old body doesn't handle it very well anymore.
Not a lot of snow this year but very cold and windy.

20 years ago we moved from Southern California to retire here in the mountains of Arizona. As much as I love it here for the four seasons, I do get very tired of the cold in the winter. My old body doesn't handle it very well anymore.
Not a lot of snow this year but very cold and windy.
Cold don't bother me really. Yesterday you would have seen me outside in shorts. sneakers and sweatshirt running the snowblower. It's ice and snow I truly hate. Followed by the long periods of darkness. But, ice and snow are the 2 things that just drag me down something awful. I'd move away but our lives are here. I shoulda moved away when the kids were little but I didn't.

Cold don't bother me really. Yesterday you would have seen me outside in shorts. sneakers and sweatshirt running the snowblower. It's ice and snow I truly hate. Followed by the long periods of darkness. But, ice and snow are the 2 things that just drag me down something awful. I'd move away but our lives are here. I shoulda moved away when the kids were little but I didn't.
My daughter just retired and moved from California to Surprise Arizona which is a suburb of Phoenix, so she is just 1 1/2 hour drive from us now.
My son has a couple of years to go and he will be moving to Arizona from California also.
I wasn't moving back the California, that's for sure.

My daughter just retired and moved from California to Surprise Arizona which is a suburb of Phoenix, so she is just 1 1/2 hour drive from us now.
My son has a couple of years to go and he will be moving to Arizona from California also.
I wasn't moving back the California, that's for sure.
Not enough money in the world to move me to CA

He's 96 now and battling bladder cancer for the 3rd time. Drs are now discussing best course of action. I guess it's pretty aggressive so they're trying to keep everything in consideration. Pretty good health otherwise (you know wine and olive oil) the great elixirs

Back