Nice compliment for The Virtual Weber Bullet!

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
My brother recently attended the Ace Hardware Spring 2023 Convention in San Antonio, visiting the Blues Hog booth where he met reps Luke Darnell and Mark Bayless. He mentioned to them that his brother publishes a website called The Virtual Weber Bullet, and one of them said, "Oh I know that site, it's the Bible for new barbecuers just starting out!"

I could not have asked for a better compliment! Thanks Blues Hog!

IMG_0233[1].JPG

"Oh I know that site, it's the Bible for new barbecuers just starting out!"
I'm not sure I see the compliment in that statement. Sure the forum is very friendly to beginners, but I personally think the forum is made up of some pretty competent members, several of which compete on a high level. Heck, Jim Lampe was written up in the Wall Street Journal

I know, I'm jaded. I'm leaving now, back to working on Hot Hold for Brisket

I look at that comment in the perspective of new members having access to the vast knowledge of the many experts on this forum that are more than willing to share their vast knowledge on anything and everything about grilling and Q.
Thank you, Chris, for guiding the best forum on the net.

Last edited:
Well, I look at it a little differently. My brother mentioned that I publish The Virtual Weber Bullet, my website for owners of the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. He did not mention this forum, The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board. I do think of The Virtual Weber Bullet as a great resource for people just starting out on their barbecue journey using the WSM, while The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board is a great resource for people of all levels and covers not only barbecuing but grilling, grill restoration, and lots of other cooking related topics.

I know this place and all of you helped me from day one when I started out with a Q-320 many years ago.

I consider myself pretty good around the grills and smokers, I have all of you to thank. Chris I always appreciate the work you do.

Rich G was my idol early on anyone know what he’s been up to?

Well, I look at it a little differently. My brother mentioned that I publish The Virtual Weber Bullet, my website for owners of the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. He did not mention this forum, The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board.
Well that does change my jaded view of their compliment to a much less jaded view. The TVWB is most certainly the Bible for the WSM, beginners to masters.

I join the others in saying that TVWB & TVWBB are excellent forums and you've done an exceptional job with both

Heck, Jim Lampe was written up in the Wall Street Journal

couple threads for anyone finding this eye popping

Back