Newest member of the family (!!) & inaugural cook

Brian Dahl

TVWBB Gold Member
Hi gang - I scored this beauty a couple, three weeks ago

She's a '97, the only ding is the one on the lid. I had to replace the frozen ash sweep and the igniter works half the time (of the two times I've hit it). The burner tube looks good and it has the original wire briquette baskets. The lid thermometer works and there was even gas in the tank! I got it off Craigslist for (drum roll please) forty bucks! He even threw in a bag of Kingsford. He replaced this beauty with a Traeger... I haven't even done a deep clean on it, I wanted to cook on it so bad. Which I final got to do last night. I know you've seen versions of this before, but I do like my top blade steaks. It's one of mine and Noe's favorites! Resting, dusted w/ Szeged

waiting to come up to temp

everybody's on. The taters had been in for awhile

after a flip

and heading in! Bill...

no caption necessary

and served

How did she cook? Like we all know she would: beautifully! A great meal from a classic kettle - I'm still smiling! There are still deals out there, ladies and gents... Have a great weekend, and I'll see ya around the fire.

Last edited:
A Beautiful Grill And The Dinner She Made Proves She's Still The Best!

He replaced this beauty with a Traeger...
Good for him, Much Better For You!

Congratulations Brian!

Outstanding Brian on both counts! You're going to love how easy that performer makes using charcoal, just about as easy as a gasser. That's one fine looking plate you have there too!

Awesome Brian, thats a perfect plate of food! Your fine on Craigslist was amazing, they are out there you just have to be first congrats.

Brian;
Truly a VERY nice cook, indeed! I had a good supper and my mouth is watering looking at your pictures! The whole meal looks terrific!

I got a Craigslist Performer a few months ago. Man, do I LOVE the Performers of all ages. Mine isn't a classic like yours but I am HAPPY with my $50.00 Performer...

Keep on smokin'
Dale53:wsm:

Nice score! I was watching America's Test Kitchen the other night on DVR. After fast forwarding through the section on boiled/grilled ribs (ugh! :confused: ),I watched the part on charcoal grills under $400. They love the Weber OTG,but wanted to see what you could get for a few more dollars. They had a Stok grill,an ECB barrel grill and a Weber Performer. Guess which one won? The Weber,of course!

GREAT Redhead find and fabulous looking plate, Brian. oh yea, the beverage, MMM MMM good.

Drink a little drink, Smoke a little smoke :wsm:

looks very appetizing Brian. I can never find any deals on weber charcoal grills on craigslist here in the houston area.

Back