New Years Lomo al Trapo

Brian, I keep saying that but, I can’t get anyone else interested in the immediate bunch. Wife only likes beef done to a charming deep gray. Not enough rare to medium rare fans to justify the expense for just me! And doing a small one seems like a terrible waste of time and material. Maybe for a group feast this summer. Along with a bunch of other fun stuff.

Brian, I keep saying that but, I can’t get anyone else interested in the immediate bunch. Wife only likes beef done to a charming deep gray. Not enough rare to medium rare fans to justify the expense for just me! And doing a small one seems like a terrible waste of time and material. Maybe for a group feast this summer. Along with a bunch of other fun stuff.

I 100% get this.

First, it’s clearly not a small meal, so you need a decent sized friend group. The first time we did it was for 6 people, last week it was for 12.

As for doneness, that’s why we do a) the multiple tenderloins and b) split them up. By cutting them in half, we ended up with the thicker end and the narrower end. So we pulled different pieces at differing temps. For example, one of the thick ones we pulled at 108, and one of the thinner ones we pulled at 135. So overall we managed to make everyone happy.

Back