New WSMs for 2009

22" WSM a/k/a "The Bullet Magnum"

"Dirty Harry" Callahan: "But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

We all feel lucky hearing this good news from Weber via Chris. Thanks Chris.

Chris -

Wow, did not log on much in last 10 days and I had a lot of catch up on this exciting topic.

I am a newbie to the WSM (end of May) but love it so far for the 4-5 times I have used it. Anyway to my question.

Leg design looks similar, but does it seem any sturdier. Just curious.

Originally posted by Bill E.:
Leg design looks similar, but does it seem any sturdier. Just curious.
Leg material is the same thickness (1/8") as current but twice as wide (2" vs 1"). The legs now angle outward slightly away from the cooker, unlike current legs that are parallel with the body. Fastening hardware is the same as current.

My take is that the new design might be more stable on the ground, but not necessarily sturdier in terms of sliding it into the bed of a pickup truck and bending a leg, for example.

I have been away for a couple of weeks and I missed the news on the new WSM. Wow, you must be having lots of fun with your new toy, Chris!

Thank you for all of your hard work in maintaining this great site. The YouTube presentations were instructional and I will be picking one of the Big Bullets as soon as Amazon has them available.

Ok Chris, I have a question for you. We are all well aware with the extra space for cooking, that the new WSM can handle a full rack of ribs across. Since turkey season will be coming not so far away . What is your estimate for how big a bird you can fit in the smoker. Just some wondering going on thats all. I hope your having fun with your new toy putting it through some tasty cooks.

To all the folks still concerned about the water pan, give in to the dark side and try a ceramic saucer in it. Foil the pan, foil the saucer, NO CLEANUP and it works great!

Hey Chris! I heard mention of a 26" kettle introduction as well. A 26" Performer would sure tickle the fancy of some hardcore charcoalers. Given that the Performer is the lead dog in their charcoal line....can I assume that the 26 incher would be available in Performer format???

Jason

See what happens when I don't check in for a few weeks
icon_confused.gif

I had one of my students ask about the new WSM this last Saturday. First I'd heard of it.

I'll be putting in my order for both new WSMs and a 26" kettle tomorrow.

As always Chris is doing a great job.

THANKS Chris!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Chris it appears a few of these are going to be sold. Is there a way to preorder through amazon so the site gets credit on the sale.I feel it is real important that all the sales help support the site. I would hate for the Virtual Weber Bullet Site to miss this chance to shore up some resources.

If there is a faster way than amazon point me in the right direction, you find me a 22" wsm I'll contribute to your board. If they are manufactured in the US but are only sold in Denmark. How stupid does that sound. Can't they kick one out of the plane or what ever as they pass near Va.

Originally posted by Bruce Rich:
If they are manufactured in the US but are only sold in Denmark.
I don't believe they are for sale anywhere yet.

To the best of my knowledge, the new 18" and 22" WSMs and 27" kettle are not yet listed on Amazon, pre-order or otherwise. When they are, I will post links to them. If anyone slueths them out on Amazon before I do, let me know so I can post them.

As always, I will appreciate any and all orders through Amazon.com.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I am thinking of bying a WSM, small version.
Do you know if this version will be updated as well in 2009?
I think your site is great, and I am sure I will visit it allot when I have bought my WSM.

Thanks, Frits

Originally posted by Frits:
I am thinking of bying a WSM, small version.
Do you know if this version will be updated as well in 2009?
Yes, the current 18" WSM will get many of the same improvements as the 22" WSM and it will be available later this year or early 2009.

Back