New WSMs for 2009

People that have tried cooking with wood-only in the WSM end up coming back to some form of lump or briquette with smoke wood chunks. I have never tried it myself.

Chris

Originally posted by Brad Larsen:
I went to my local Ace yesterday, no word yet on shipping but I did find out the price will be the same as Amazon.com (399.99). A very nice suprise. Hopefully it will be the same for all Ace Hardware stores.

That's the price in the system, no word on the 18.5 price, 26.75 OTG is $299.99.

Found these on Craiglist Baltimore: $50.00 off Amazon/Ace price on 18" and $100.00 off on 22"! I called the store and they are on back order, but they are taking orders at these prices. Might have to splurge, after all...

721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-1/2-Inch Smoker new - $249 (ellicott city)

Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22-1/2-Inch Smoker new - $299 (ellicott city)

Anybody been smokin a bunch on the new "Big Bullet".... I'd like to hear how the production model is doin' with fitment / quality / temp control issues etc. Thinkin about getting one....really like my 18.5 but would like the room for large briskets. Thx,Chris,for all the terrific pre-production reviews! Low n Slow, Rondo

kettle bowls, so fit is the same as current WSM...they do not nest together. I think Weber wants to sell us both a kettle and a smoker.
icon_smile.gif

Well, yes. But that's ok. I mean, I have seen all the clever ways people set things up so they can grill on their wsm. And that's all fun.

But really, for $160, a 22 inch kettle for grilling is really the answer. I think having a 18 wsm and a 22 kettle makes everything easier.

What would be great would be the option of buying them as a package. Saying "ok, after 20 years of buying bbqs and modifying and selling and buying other bbqs again, the really enthusiastic cooks end up with a 18 wsm with these small but important modifications, plus a 22 kettle with a rotisserie, plus the Low n Slow book, plus an mail order account with world spice.com in seattle and an account with the weber listserve. There. Give me seven hundred bucks and you're done and done."

Back