New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Rich,

Totally agree. And to be clear, I will NEVER give up my kettles! I just think pellet grills give you another good option, especially when time is not readily available to enjoy tending a charcoal fire.

p.s. I don't get any commissions from Rec Tec or any pellet grill company:smilekettle:!

You should get commissions ! :) nor will I ever give up my performer or my gassers.

Last edited:
"nor will I ever give up my performer or my gassers."

You can have my grills when you pry them from my cold dead

Spatula, tongs, or whatever I'm using at the moment 😋

Yep, I’m not giving up any of my outdoor cooking equipment, ever!
If my brother does not recover as well from his stroke, it is not impossible that. I could possibly inherit his Traeger, I would prefer to simply enjoy the fruits of the pellet pooper at his house with him!

Last edited:
Will hold out a special prayer for your brother. I fully understand the feeling being a stroke survivor myself (miraculously no disability and full recovery), now we're praying til it hurts for our sister but by all indications it looks like she's not going to make thanks to a very rare sarcoma

Thanks guys, I do appreciate it! Will be going to visit him before he comes home from rehab on the 20th. I am encouraged by the strides he’s made since it happened! The facility works the patient pretty hard, if he keeps at it, he should be pretty well able to do most anything. He’s halfway through an 11’ Norwegian pram build that I’m not sure I have the chops to help complete very well. At best he was kind of hard to work with on things like this. Now? I just don’t know.

Teaser post on FB;
'Where there’s smoke... there’s SmokeFire. Check back to see what happens when the smoke clears.'

70374932_10156839003473422_2185688988415688704_n.jpg

Bob,
Thanks for posting. I think it is going to be fun to watch the roll-out and learn more. Weber needs this to be a successful
launch.

I am looking forward to this product launch. I used to be against the entire pellet movement, then I got a little older and yeah...it is a bit more appealing now. The idea of setting a temp and not worrying about it seems nice. I will keep the rest of my grills and smokers, but this SmokeFire is intriguing! I just hope Weber doesn't price themselves out of the market.

iWcB8pR.jpg

Flames coming through the cooking grate? That's a neat trick for a pellet grill to do on purpose by design.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing that still shot. Definitely doesn't look like other pellet grills in that picture. Maybe because instead of a solid shield between the firepot and grates they are using flavorizer bars. I could see how that might provide more heat and even some flame as shown.

I am sure that piece of meat has plenty of sugary rub on it to pronounce the dark sear, but it still looks very cool.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing that still shot. Definitely doesn't look like other pellet grills in that picture. Maybe because instead of a solid shield between the firepot and grates they are using flavorizer bars. I could see how that might provide more heat and even some flame as shown.

Both grills utilize a version of Weber's Flavorizer bar system to evenly distribute heat throughout the grill. Operating temperatures as high as 600°F can be achieved for searing in 15 minutes. Something about Flavorizer bars at each end of the grill and a solid surface between them in the middle.

Gasser/pellet hybrid with flavorizer bars?

I think Chris needs to set up an anonymous source system like some of the camera rumor sites! No reason we should have to wait until reveal day to know all about the new Weber pellet grill! :D

Edit:

Not a hybrid per earlier post from da boss:

The grill has now been seen in-person. It's not a pellet/gas hybrid.

Last edited:
I like what I've seen so far. With the flame shot some of the other pellet manufactures may be getting a little nervous.

I like what I've seen so far. With the flame shot some of the other pellet manufactures may be getting a little nervous.

Rich, I was thinking the same thing. I guess we will have to wait a while longer, but my curiosity is growing. I hope they don’t sabotage some great new features by letting the bean counters get their way with cost cutting on the hardware. I can joke about bean counters because it takes one to know one:coolkettle:!

Back