New Toy and Some Easter Action

Stuart S

TVWBB Pro
Hey Folks,

I finally got myself a Smokey Joe, been wanting one for ages and they finally came out with a Crimson at HD in Canada so I grabbed one.

Last Friday was my buddy's birthday and a few of his customers wanted to surprise him at his shop to thank him for all the help he gives to everyone...so I brought the Smokey Joe over and fired it up with some Maple Leaf Briqs.
2014-04-18133539.jpg

I got some Bison (left) and Duck (right) sausages on first.
2014-04-18133548.jpg

When they were close to being done I got some ballpark all beef franks on.
2014-04-18135726.jpg

No plated pics, but this picture says it all.
2014-04-18135713.jpg

My second set of pics is from Saturday, my brother was up from NYC and as usual we fired up the Performer for some eats.

Started with a 3 bone, 7+ pound Prime Rib Roast seasoned with Montreal Steak spice and scored to crisp up the fat. Cooked over Maple Leaf Briqs and some Hickory for smoke.
2014-04-19165747.jpg

In the meantime we cooked up 6lbs of mussels in a CI skillet on my Red 22 to tide us over until dinner.
EasterQ-4.jpg

And the beef started looking good.
EasterQ-1.jpg

Real good.
EasterQ-2.jpg

I can't believe it looks so good says my brother, good.
EasterQ-3.jpg

I didn't get any plated pics because I had a house full of folks, but I made some mashed potatoes, green beans and grilled asparagus to go with the beef.

Thanks for looking!

Great looking cook and I really like that smokey joe. I really want to add some color in my grills, but haven't as of yet. Thanks for sharing your great pictures.

Back