New Searwood pic.

It's a pellet grill so it has a fan. If it's the same fan as the Smokefire has then it will be strong enough. Their teases have me very very interested.
I know there is usuallly a fan. My point is more the issue the original had. There were problems with how strong and ways for embers to be ...
With a full shield.... With a half shield...
The advantage of smoke with an open, or more open pellet grill, design of the fire cup, airflow, safety.
I am hoping that the new design has solved all issues. For Weber's sake. Hope it is a really useful tool. Reliable, repeatable, absolutely safe, best tasting, fully realized potential, world-beater.

There’s never been an issue with the Smokefire fan. Vast majority of issues are software related, where for reasons unknown it won’t start and will pile pellets in the fire pot for example. Or other flukiness.

I know there is usuallly a fan......Hope it is a really useful tool. Reliable, repeatable, absolutely safe, best tasting, fully realized potential, world-beater.
I'm sorry but I can't agree with you. It's a pellet grill, they all have fans unless you know one I've never looked at. We're talking about a live fire oven here. It can't be absolutely safe, those hot thingys inside can burn your hand or forearm if you touch them. Will it be better than the Smokefire Sear +? Probably, I picked up from a guy in the UK that he was testing a new design pellet grill 3 years ago and that silhouette sure looks like what he described. The side pellet hopper has it's quirks. I want a smoker that turns out great tasting food and my Gen1 EX6 does that. I suspect the next generation will do the same and that's due to the open cook chamber design and the modulating fan. Weber still has a way to go with their software and App.

Lets hope that it cooks just as well as the SmokeFire but has been better tested and easier for novices to use. I really would like to see Weber become a player in the pellet grill arena and land some space for the Searwood in the big box stores.

p.s. Lowes has not confined their fickle ways to the SmokeFire. After completely dumping Weber’s pellets and going big with Bear Mountain, it looks like maybe they are now dumping them in favor of Pit Boss.

Lowes was all in on Pit Boss models after they stopped carrying the Smokefire actually I think they carried them before. This was from a post I made in March 2021. "When I had posted a month ago forgot to say that I had talked to the guy who runs the grill department and asked him about them and he said they had just spent 100 hours on building grills and the floor display plans were set. They seem to be all in on that Pit Boss I posted above at $499 and they are maintaining a good amount of stock presently 36 units they had 30 awhile back so my guess down here that is what they are pushing."

Lets hope that it cooks just as well as the SmokeFire but has been better tested and easier for novices to use. I really would like to see Weber become a player in the pellet grill arena and land some space for the Searwood in the big box stores.

p.s. Lowes has not confined their fickle ways to the SmokeFire. After completely dumping Weber’s pellets and going big with Bear Mountain, it looks like maybe they are now dumping them in favor of Pit Boss.
I'm sure that it was being tested in Jan 2021 so that's a good time. Dumping the Smokefire name makes sense with how many people still think that it's problem plagued. The open cook chamber design sets them apart from others at that price point so I can't see them dumping that. That's flavor. On the pellets, I used Pit Boss from Lowes for 3 years until Dec 2021 when I switched to B&B Championship blend. I didn't realize that they stopped carrying Pit Boss pellets.

I didn't realize that they [Lowes] stopped carrying Pit Boss pellets.
Lew,
My Lowes has actually ADDED a bunch more Pit Boss pellets - clearing out Bear Mountain to make room. I think that Lowes is getting tighter with Pit Boss as @Brian B Atlanta suggests. I just hope they will give the Searwood a chance. It will be an uphill job to convince Lowes to do that, I am afraid.

Tony Coloma, I understand where you're coming from and applaud your interest in the new pellet grill. Bruno and others on here took the initial brunt of the Smokefire shortcomings and I learned a lot following their struggles. I bought 4 months after the release and had a plan to make my pellet hopper slicker so that I wouldn't have the pellet bridging problem.The software back then was a big headache but Weber has steadily improved that. The new grill will be the 5th iteration of the Weber design but the negatives associated with the original release still persist on the internet. Weber seems to be listening to owners and incorporating changes as a result of the feedback. I have high hopes for the new design because the Stealth and Sear+ dealt with several owner problems. Jan. 9th is their announcement day and I'm looking forward to see what they have done. PS I'm an old retiree and don't and never have worked for Weber.

I too have confidence in Weber for this new release; they deserve success. They developed bold features in the SF that to my knowledge no one else has done and they offered a very liberal refund policy. Sure there were some issues but the Internet can also be a brutal place.

Back