New Searwood pic.

Should fit right in with the Camp Chef, Traeger and other look alkies.
Hopefully it has some new features that will make it stand out from the others....and they work correctly.

The shelf between the legs would be better if it were a wire rack. I see that shelf being covered in ash in no time. The panel over the ash drawer in the SmokeFire is an ash magnet.

I think it looks pretty good.........but I haven't been following.
Something along the lines of the old models going away and this is the new and only offering?

Would not make any sense to me at least to keep the Smokefire and be selling this also. I think it looks fine, the grease tray is interesting kind of figured if they did a redesign they were going to the side hopper. Its not a beauty pageant anyway its gonna come down to how well it performs.

Maybe this gets them back in Lowes we will see. HD is to heavy with Traegar as they have expanded their relationship and my ACE never carried the Smokefire either always Traegar.

The legs are the same idea as the Gas Spirit II

Attachments

• C619BE59-7021-4D8E-A3F1-A267B033E8E2.jpeg
    C619BE59-7021-4D8E-A3F1-A267B033E8E2.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 16
Would not make any sense to me at least to keep the Smokefire and be selling this also. I think it looks fine, the grease tray is interesting kind of figured if they did a redesign they were going to the side hopper. Its not a beauty pageant anyway its gonna come down to how well it performs.

Maybe this gets them back in Lowes we will see. HD is to heavy with Traegar as they have expanded their relationship and my ACE never carried the Smokefire either always Traegar.
Ace will be selling RecTeq too.

Ace will be selling RecTeq too.
I go by mine every couple of weeks they built a brand new store a very large one a year ago and I will ask them if they plan to carry RecTec.

I did a search on Ace's website there are 3 stores not my local one which as you said are selling the RT-1000 and the RT-B380X Bullseye Deluxe which are actually in stock. The RT for 1099 and the bullseye for 799 which seems like alot of money why would you not spend 300 more for the rt?

Last edited:
I go by mine every couple of weeks they built a brand new store a very large one a year ago and I will ask them if they plan to carry RecTec.

I did a search on Ace's website there are 3 stores not my local one which as you said are selling the RT-1000 and the RT-B380X Bullseye Deluxe which are actually in stock. The RT for 1099 and the bullseye for 799 which seems like alot of money why would you not spend 300 more for the rt?
Yeah, Recteq has priced the deluxe version of the Bullseye at a pretty high price. They have had some sales since then. I think they are hoping the alleged 1,000-degree temperature capability and the nice setup with a built-in table will get people to open their wallets. I would sure love one, but that is a steep price. I like my Landmann pellet kettle, but I really wish it was one inch wider so that it would be compatible with Weber grates and accessories like the Recteq. You may have seen where Tom Horsman added on an OnlyFire smoking adaptor allowing the Bullseye to do a bunch of ribs as well as pork shoulders or brisket.

It’s an interesting concept but I’m wary of their “stainless steel”. I’ve seen a few photos of those Bullseyes rusted out.

Looks different, not a fan of the new look.
I will withhold my judgment for now, but if this means Weber’s entry is just another solid shield, side hopper pellet grill I will be sad. Truth is that if that is the case, it will likely be much more reliable, that is IF the internal parts are decent quality and the software has the bugs worked out before launch.

I have wanted a SmokeFire. I will be sad if its innovative open cooking concept is lost. I believe the flavorizer bar, open cooking design is responsible for the great cooks and amazing bark we have seen from fellow members. It’s too bad that rushing the introduction and skimping on the quality of the internal parts - plus the fluky software - gave too many users and virtually all major retailers a bad taste for the SmokeFire. If it had been a market success, there wouldn’t be this new Searwood.

Jon, I held out until Gen 2 before pulling the trigger on a SmokeFire. I'm not usually an early adopter of anything, unless it's electronics, lol. All though I've only had my EX6 a short time now, I am very satisfied with it. It would be a shame if Weber discontinued the line imo. I would like to see it continue to evolve, not replaced.

Who knows, the Searwood may end up being a great product, and I hope it is for Weber's sake. I'm looking forward to see how things develop with this new model, like I did with the SmokeFire.

I love new toys, but I ain't done playing with this one yet. 😋

From what little I have seen, I actually think it looks great. Would really like to see more about the product and the finished configuration. Given what a huge departure from the "norm" the SF was I suspect this will be a further "refinement" not a total departure. I.E. one of the biggest complaints I see some make is that rear mounted pellet hopper and what a PIA it is. Looks like they listened and put it to the side. Honestly living with 2 pellet grills now (1 over a year the other about 6 months) I have to say I agree and like the better accessibility on the side. But, I can also see making the overall dimensions a little smaller and having it on back. Though quite honestly living with these I don't wish to have them on the back. Once we all get a chance to see the inner workings of the grill, I think it will be easier to judge if they're making a solid move or not. Patience Grasshoppers

Back