New Searwood pic.

I think that is a real possibility. I will say that I personally like that feature on my Landmann pellet kettle.

View attachment 84347
John, that type you have is a WAY better option than what you might see on say Pit Boss or Char Griller. Those open only a small area but with WAY too large of slats. Now you have grease falling through, co-mingling in the fire pot and bottom of the oven. They make an awful mess. What you have should allow the heat without the huge influx of grease into the fire chamber.

Well, soon enough we will know the full story. I am very interested in what the SearWood will turn out to be, and I am also looking forward to a long overdue new Summit gas grill. I just hope that Weber backtracks on a new Summit away from bigger and bulkier with cheap metal. Instead, I hope Weber goes back to its roots with some of the positives from the 1st generation Summit and the Platinum 2nd generation Summit.

Owners manuals and assembly guides are already showing up online.
I saw the exploded parts view. One large flavorizer bar running from left to right with a vented diffuser. A grease management system similar to the gas grills. Bottom of the cook chamber is open and you pull out the tray to scrap off with a grease catch at the very bottom.

From that description is sounds like a 3 way marriage of gravity feed, conventional pellet grill and a SmokeFire.

Give it 6 months or so to see the reviews no need to be an early adopter especially after the last go around. I look forward to seeing it myself.
As one of the first with a SmokeFire I will definitely be waiting this one out.
I won’t be making a purchase for another year or so. Long story but we are in a rental while the house gets a lot of work done. As a gift to the family I may add something fun like a SearWood or S6 when we get home. Personally I’m a fan of the tech aspect and have plenty of charcoal grills so a highly upgraded SF intrigues me.

I would not be surprised if that one large flavorizer is perhaps sort of like an inverted V shaped grease deflector with perhaps raised "lips" on the sides to channel grease to a grease collection area leaving the front and rear parts of the oven more "open" than a traditional designed pellet grill so there is some open flame effect. And helping keep the co-mingling of grease and ash to a minimum for easier cleanout, less chance of grease fire and still have that more open fire effect.

Back