New Heinz BBQ Sauces, you tried any ??

I haven't, but thanks for posting, John. That Carolina Tangy looks intriguing.

Not sure if this brand is available outside of the south, but I like Sticky Fingers mustard sauce real well.

Last edited:
I have tried most of the Heinz sauces and they are pretty good. I'm in extreme northern NJ and the Sticky Fingers is available at several different locations.

Ive been very intrigued by the Heinz sauces as well. BUT we end up buying more BBQ sauce than we can use because we get so intrigued by new ones. We have some bottles of Kings Hawaiian pineapple we still haven't tried. Having said that I would bet some of the Heinz flavors will make it home this summer !

When the first lineup (Carolina Tangy, Texas, Memphis & Kansas City) came out last Summer, I tried them. The Carolina and KC are very good, the Texas is fairly good, but the Memphis is (IMO) too sweet. That being said, most of my friends & family really liked the Memphis, one commenting that it was "better than the sauce Chili's uses."

I have not tried any of the new ones for this year, but I'd like to try them. As an aside, the King's Hawaiian sauces (aside from the "Habanero Lava", I think?) are all pretty tasty and unique.

They are all pretty good. My favorite was the Carolina sauce. I don't think it's a good Carolina sauce but it's just a good standard bbq sauce. I agree with the Memphis being too sweet. I didn't care for the bourbon sauce either. I prefer my whiskey as whiskey.

I've tried most of them, and the Carolina sauce is the best. Nice and tangy. I think they would be better off not putting them in ketchup bottles, as that definitely makes them look less authentic ;)

Of last year's original four, I have stuck with the Texas version occasionally on beef. The KC version was good, and the other two I could do without...and I don't see the three new flavors in my future any time soon.

Agreed... I purchased the sampler pack when they came out, and they are pretty much standard commercial sauces. Nothing special, nothing offensive. Sweet Baby Rays makes a better sauce IMHO. Having said that, I prefer to make my own.

The only one that I've used is the Carolina and I like it. I'm friends with one of the guys associated with The Skylight in Ayden. In fact, if you find the old BBQ Pitmaster series, my friend is the asst. in the Carolina Divine Swine episode from Jan. 2013.

BD

The only one that I've used is the Carolina and I like it. I'm friends with one of the guys associated with The Skylight in Ayden. In fact, if you find the old BBQ Pitmaster series, my friend is the asst. in the Carolina Divine Swine episode from Jan. 2013. BD

LOL, I thought Aden was near Asheville, but it's near the coast instead. :rolleyes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried the Carolina Tangy today, and I thought it was pretty good, but it has 7 grams of sugar per serving, so that is something I need to be careful of. Haven't tried the others yet.

I have tried most of the Heinz sauces and they are pretty good. I'm in extreme northern NJ and the Sticky Fingers is available at several different locations.

Jim Try the new Shop Rite Special Edition BBQ sauces now on sale at .99 a bottle.
Wasn't crazy bout the Heinz sauces.

Dan

We routinely use several of them but we obviously have low expectations because we haven't tried anything else in the 1.5 years I've been smoking, lol.

Back