New Genesis 2022

I think appliances are largely luck of the draw. We have an LG washer and drier and they are the best we ever had, and that is after decades of swearing by Whirlpool. Have had two Samsung refrigerators. The first was great and still works. Bought a new counter depth one 4 years ago and the ice maker breaks every 6 months. The Bosch dishwasher was our best, but my current Whirlpool seems to be fine for a builders (up)grade.

Always try for whirlpool. Michigan USA and reliable. But lately it is hard to find any reliable appliance. And the diy parts went through the roof. So who has good advice now.

I've had pretty good service from my whirlpool washer and dryer. My whirlpool fridge has been pretty good too. The worst appliances I ever had were a Maytag Neptune washer/dryer combo I bought in '05. There was always something wrong with both machines. I don't think I had them five years before I gave up on them.

Tons of compressor issues with them. Best of luck
Their linear compressors were the object of a class action suit. There was an LG side by side in the house we moved into in October of 2020. It was purchased by the prior owners in 2019...so two years old and it died. First the freezer than the refrigerator side. Ordered a new Whirlpool side by side...same model as the one we have in our beach house from Costco on Sunday evening. It was delivered that Wednesday afternoon. Also, it dropped in price $100 two weeks later. Costco applied the price adjustment in two days.
We have had decent luck with LG laundry products...but truth be told, Whirlpool products only from here on in. Kitchen Aid, Maytag, Whirlpool.
$3500 Fisher-Paykel gas range in our prior home. The main burner constantly needed to be lit with a Scripto stick lighter. Got a dishwasher with it ...free as part of a rebate promotion. Installed it in our beach house.
Most difficult dishwasher installation I've ever done and dishwashers are pretty easy to install.
Had to attach the door with deck screws!

Yeah I have to say both my grills (the Wolf and the Genesis) are FAR FAR and away better and more stable than my POS LG stove. Lesson here for anyone wanting a new stove. Never buy an LG. Actually any LG appliance. Absolutely best thing I ever had was our Bosch dual fuel range. That thing held temps like a rock. Looking back even investing $1000 to repair it would have been worth it :(
I bought for my wife maybe 10 years ago an Electrolux dual fuel stove I paid 2600 for that no discounting on Electrolux she wanted gas burners and she is a big baker does lots of cakes for people not crap frosting cream cheese with intricate designs probably done 20 wedding cakes over the years but now she is the cookie master sells them for 3 bucks a pop which is a bargain. Fortunately for me she is only doing this stuff for people she knows no more wedding cakes cookies fine. The reason she wanted dual fuel is an electric oven is far superior to a gas oven for baking her stuff there is no moisture in an electric oven which is not true of gas but a Turkey in a gas oven needs that moisture so its pick your poison but after doing a Spatchcock Turkey on my UDS for Thanksgiving that is the only way I will do them going forward.

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher bought a few years ago it has a heating element which alot of them don't have it was top rated and still is it should be for 800 bucks before that I had an LG worst dishwasher I have ever owned it was I high end model. Their TV's except for the Oled line blows also.

I think appliances are largely luck of the draw. We have an LG washer and drier and they are the best we ever had, and that is after decades of swearing by Whirlpool. Have had two Samsung refrigerators. The first was great and still works. Bought a new counter depth one 4 years ago and the ice maker breaks every 6 months. The Bosch dishwasher was our best, but my current Whirlpool seems to be fine for a builders (up)grade.
What do you mean by breaks like the icemaker unit does not work anymore or does it freeze at the dispenser. Many and I have a counter depth GE for maybe 10 years alot of problems for the dispenser water, ice in the damn line would freeze at the dispenser no water or ice if you google it there are a couple of fixes they sell one is you take the control panel for the dispenser off and you wire this small heating element in it costs like 13 bucks to keep it warmer there but the I think which I did also is take 1/2 styrofoam panel that covers the dispenser unit and tape it behind the dispenser on the inside of the freezer door never had a freeze again I really think it was the styrofoam panel that did the trick.

Crazy you would have to do that but it is what it is.

What do you mean by breaks like the icemaker unit does not work anymore or does it freeze at the dispenser. Many and I have a counter depth GE for maybe 10 years alot of problems for the dispenser water, ice in the damn line would freeze at the dispenser no water or ice if you google it there are a couple of fixes they sell one is you take the control panel for the dispenser off and you wire this small heating element in it costs like 13 bucks to keep it warmer there but the I think which I did also is take 1/2 styrofoam panel that covers the dispenser unit and tape it behind the dispenser on the inside of the freezer door never had a freeze again I really think it was the styrofoam panel that did the trick.

Crazy you would have to do that but it is what it is.
Samsung was great. Every 6 months, it would just quit. They replaced the unit 4 times and admitted it was a design flaw. Gave me a complete new refrigerator a year or so ago that was supposed to have a redesigned ice maker unit. The ice maker is just stating to get flakey now. We call it the "ice Nazi" after the Seinfeld soup episode. No ice for you today.

Yah, there is another one going on regarding cars and trucks, both of which I contributed to. I have since left them alone, but they keep popping back up.
I guess it is a symptom of the slow season for grilling.

Sorry for getting off track. I am letting this conversation go.

Still interested on updates on the new Webers, as people see them in person especially.

Going through the assembly instructions reveals a couple of interesting features.
  • Batteries for the motion-sensitive grill grate lights reside in the left end of the lid handle. Maybe the light bulbs are integrated into the back side of the grill handle? That would be a much cleaner approach than the clunky screw-on grill handle lights and the chunky Grill-Out Handle light shown here.

View attachment 42945

Hello all,
I use this handle on my 1998 Spirit 350 - found them at an furniture dealer in Belgium ... :)

handle.jpg

gtx from Germany

Complete newb here. In the market for a new grill and deciding between Weber and Napoleon. Will be my first grill that won’t be a rust bucket after a few years.

Discovering the cast aluminum fireboxes in my research was when it clicked for me.

Saw this grill on display at Lowe’s a few days ago. Initially thought it was an original Genesis and that I might get a good deal on it. Found it odd I couldn’t find any info on it online.

Everything about it seemed more substantial than everything else they had on display (don’t forget the limited experience here). View attachment 42832

Searched this place out to find out what the deal was. Now I know.

I’m Gen X and I like it. Lol
I saw some Napoleons marked down to around 1/2 price at Lowe's last week. $429 for a five burner iirc.

Hello all,
I use this handle on my 1998 Spirit 350 - found them at an furniture dealer in Belgium ... :)

View attachment 43247

gtx from Germany
SLench,
That is a BEAUTHIFUL 2-burner. The blue hood and that Weber handle light really make it look extra nice. Very uncommon combination here in the US. Also, I don't think any of us here have seen the condiment shelf in the front. Did that come with your German version, or did you get that from something else?

I didn't even notice the condiment shelf. I guess I thought it was some wire rack sitting on top of the bottom wire rack when I first looked at it.
I too have never seen one like that before.

SLench,
That is a BEAUTHIFUL 2-burner. The blue hood and that Weber handle light really make it look extra nice. Very uncommon combination here in the US. Also, I don't think any of us here have seen the condiment shelf in the front. Did that come with your German version, or did you get that from something else?
Hello Jon,
the condiment shelf can be folded down, just like the little side shelf on the left. The shelf on the bottom can be taken out .... I can't say whether that was only for the German version ....i bought this spirit in 2018 and restored it ... at least i tried :cool: ...
On this german forum you can see my thread of the restauration

gtx Steffen

Yah, us old timer purists need to remember that we are no longer the target market. They are after the younger crowd obviously. There is still a large part of the old timers that will be completely open to the new design as well. Weber has been doing this (Genesis gas grills) for almost 4 decades now and while we may think they are losing touch and market share, they are still pumping out a whole bunch of grills every year in the face increasing competition.

I do think that it is about the newer generation AND the older crowd as well. I am 50+, I thankfully still have my parents and they get excited about more convenience in outdoor cooking. Setting an app, putting on the meat, and having the app remind them to do certain actions is right up their alley these days. They just don't have the stamina to tend to a fire and to "stay on task" as a cook is going on. I used to love stay up all night with my Smokey Mountain, tending to the fire, spraying apple juice on the meat, etc. You wouldn't catch me doing that crap these days, lol. My Smokefire is a godsend and I am sure that the new Genesis would be the same for others.

Hello Jon,
the condiment shelf can be folded down, just like the little side shelf on the left. The shelf on the bottom can be taken out .... I can't say whether that was only for the German version ....i bought this spirit in 2018 and restored it ... at least i tried :cool: ...
On this german forum you can see my thread of the restauration

gtx Steffen
Very cool. You should post that EZ code spirit 350 in its own thread.

Back