New Genesis 2022

Found these on weber.com by playing around with model numbers. They're not (yet) accessible via the product landing pages. The enamel grills will come in a variety of colors, as usual.

Have not found any 4-burner Genesis pics.

GENESIS-E-325s-Gas-Grill-35310001B_1800x1800.jpg
GENESIS E-325s

GENESIS-S-325s-Gas-Grill-35300001B_1800x1800.jpg
GENESIS S-325s

GENESIS-EX-325s-Smart-Gas-Grill-35510001B_1800x1800.jpg
GENESIS EX-325s

GENESIS-SX-325s-Smart-Gas-Grill-35500001B_1800x1800.jpg
GENESIS SX-325s

Genesis-E-335-Gas-Grill-35410001B_1800x1800.jpg
Genesis E-335

Genesis-S-335-Gas-Grill-35400001B_1800x1800.jpg
Genesis S-335

GENESIS-EX-335-Smart-Gas-Grill-35610001B_1800x1800.jpg
GENESIS EX-335

GENESIS-SX-335-Smart-Gas-Grill-35600001B_1800x1800.jpg
GENESIS SX-335

Looks like that off-center side extension we saw earlier is to accommodate the side burner, concealing the supply line, etc. I guess it is another millennial thing to keep it looking spartan and uncluttered.

I will soon be publishing a blog post about Weber CRAFTED Outdoor Kitchen Collection, a redesigned Weber Gourmet BBQ System for the new Genesis grills (and all other Weber grills/smokers in the future). One aspect worth mentioning here is that the intention is that all Weber CRAFTED accessories can be stored inside the grill cabinet for convenience, thus I think the focus on enclosed cabinets for these grills.

It does seem that tech and contemporary style are what matter today to their target demographic. I keep looking at the advertisement for the original, first-generation Summit gas grill. It had style, but the way it is presented was aimed at people like me (who were the target demographic 25 years ago:unsure:). Note the attention then was given to quality construction, engineering, and cooking capability:

I still think it looks so...unbalanced. The table on the right is longer, apparently to accommodate the electronics, and the side cover on the left just throws everything off for me. Being right-handed, I like the idea of having a wide table on the right, but I notice the models without an external burner do not offer a wider left table, and without the side cover look more symmetrical to me. I can see an advantage to having the temp controls at the grill, ready to go, and that implies that the electronics are weatherproof. Now if they offer temp control for the grill (notice the 350deg display...is that a set point?) and remote temp monitoring and control via phone app, well, that would be something unique, but I'm not ready to abandon my vintage Webers just yet.

Do you suppose the external burner would be an IR burner?

Complete newb here. In the market for a new grill and deciding between Weber and Napoleon. Will be my first grill that won’t be a rust bucket after a few years.

Discovering the cast aluminum fireboxes in my research was when it clicked for me.

Saw this grill on display at Lowe’s a few days ago. Initially thought it was an original Genesis and that I might get a good deal on it. Found it odd I couldn’t find any info on it online.

Everything about it seemed more substantial than everything else they had on display (don’t forget the limited experience here). 364F8421-F98B-41E7-BB10-51A6EB1C5690.jpeg

Searched this place out to find out what the deal was. Now I know.

I’m Gen X and I like it. Lol

Strange, I though it was put out that they would not be released here in the US until January 18th????

I still think it looks so...unbalanced. The table on the right is longer, apparently to accommodate the electronics
That may be part of it, but Weber also mentions "Extra-large prep & serve table" as a feature. Remember that the idea of these grill, among other things, is to expanding grilling for average folks from "sometime" to "everyday", to get people to try grilling new things beyond their comfort zone of burgers and brats, to really deliver on the idea of the grill being an outdoor oven in terms of ease of use, and for ease of serving outside at the grill. A larger serving area plays into that narrative.

the side cover on the left just throws everything off for me
I guess that's a personal thing. It doesn't bug me. Genesis 1000 was not symmetrical, with worktable on the left and controls but no worktable on the right. Genesis 2000 had a large cart with the cookbox shifted over to the left, with a worktable on the left and controls + worktable on the right. Any old Weber with a propane tank visibly hang off the right side of the grill is not symmetrical. Even current Genesis II grills have a shroud on the right side, another example of asymmetry that's not too different from these new 2022 grills.
61016601BR_1800x1800_REV2.png

Strange, I though it was put out that they would not be released here in the US until January 18th????
This is the same grill that Jon Tofte found at Lowe's on December 23. Apparently Santa brought some early!

Everything about it seemed more substantial than everything else they had on display (don’t forget the limited experience here).
Most of what they have at Lowe's is junk. Especially all those poor $199 grills sitting out in the rain in front of the store, like at my Lowe's here in San Jose.

You need to remember the context of what you read on this forum. You've got a bunch of old farts in this Weber Gas Grill subforum (I use the term with great love and respect, as I am an old fart, too!) who love the old Genesis grills, when they used to build them like tanks. We like to restore them to their former glory and use them or collect them or flip them or whatever. But despite what anyone says negative about these new grills, they're better than probably any other brand you'll find on the floor at Lowe's.

Yah, I haven't been to a Lowes for years. Nearest one is 90 miles. But, it is basically the same in Home Depot for me. Weber is the upper end of everything in the store.

"Smart" grills. Only 2 probes. Lit dials. What else?
There's a larger Sear Zone so you can sear multiple steaks at the same time. An expandable upper cooking grate for two-level cooking. Enlarged prep/service table on the right side. Improved pull-out grease tray. Some higher end models will have motion-sensitive lighting of the grill surface. There's also an improved system of grilling accessories called Weber CRAFTED Outdoor Kitchen Collection that replaces Weber Gourmet BBQ System.

Last edited:
That may be part of it, but Weber also mentions "Extra-large prep & serve table" as a feature. Remember that the idea of these grill, among other things, is to expanding grilling for average folks from "sometime" to "everyday", to get people to try grilling new things beyond their comfort zone of burgers and brats, to really deliver on the idea of the grill being an outdoor oven in terms of ease of use, and for ease of serving outside at the grill. A larger serving area plays into that narrative.

I guess that's a personal thing. It doesn't bug me. Genesis 1000 was not symmetrical, with worktable on the left and controls but no worktable on the right. Genesis 2000 had a large cart with the cookbox shifted over to the left, with a worktable on the left and controls + worktable on the right. Any old Weber with a propane tank visibly hang off the right side of the grill is not symmetrical. Even current Genesis II grills have a shroud on the right side, another example of asymmetry that's not too different from these new 2022 grills.
View attachment 42845
Points well taken, Chris. Maybe it's because (being right-handed) I am left-brained (or no-brained at all, like my wife says!)...but the current Genesis II grills looks more like something I'm used to with the shroud on the right and equal-sized tables! The combination of the left shroud and extended table on the right suggests to me that the lid is shifted to the right and is off-center. Obviously, it's my perception, and I much prefer the models without the shroud.

Last edited:

Back