New 14.5 WSM and Asian Style Wings

Mike Gray

TVWBB Super Fan
Received a new 14.5 WSM for Christmas and couldn't wait to fire it up. Decided to make some Asian style wings that were smoked for 1.5 hours, given a quick fry in some peanut oil and then tossed in an Asian glaze inspired by Emeril. The mini locked in about 275 degrees and was so easy to use. I was surprised by how much it could hold. In the end, I thought the wings were amazing off the smoker, but after they were finished with the glaze that were even better.

New Smoker

Loaded and ready - smoked with cherry and apple wood

Top shelf done

Bottom shelf done

Finished and sauced

Thanks for looking.

ChuckO;
In the first post, he mentioned that after he smoked them, he fried them in peanut oil before glazing.

They sure look GOOD!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Way to use that space wisely! That 14.5 always makes me jealous when I have lots of meat to cook, and have to rearrange my 22.5 kettle.

Good job. Did you make the Asian sauce for the wings?

I did And pasted it below. Only made a few minor changes. You just need to reduce it on the stove for about 20 minutes to thicken it up a bit. If I do it again I will reduce the ginger and orange zest a bit.

2 cups fresh orange juice
1 cup canned pineapple juice
2 tablespoons orange zest
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons minced green onions
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup mirin
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...cy-asian-wings-recipe.print.html#?oc=linkback

Looks GREAT Mike. I just picked up a nice pkg of wings from Sams today...asian might be the way to go on New Years day...1st cook on my "C" and I'm stoked...pun intended. LOL

Drink a little drink, Smoke a little smoke :wsm:

Back