Need y'all's opinion

Kyle TX

TVWBB Member
My 22 WSM is my work horse. I also have an 18 for over flow on big cook days. There is a nice decked out 22 for sale at a good value in my area. Would y'all rather have an 22 and 18 or 2 22s?

I like having both. Don't know that I'd use a second 22 very much, but I do have several other cookers to choose from. If it's a good deal I'd probably buy it and see how it fits in. You can always sell it and not loose much if you decide you don't need it. Also, I go on record saying if I had to choose I'd keep my 22. I know, shocking!

I have a 22 and two 18s. If I’m cooking 1 or 2 butts or a brisket flat I use an 18. I use the 22 for larger cooks.
If you think you’re going to need a second 22 go for it.

Somehow, I lost my post!
Anyway, get the 22, you can have one set up for rotisserie use and the other for Vortex or anything else. I have a boatload of grills and the 18 is starting to get a little more use lately for just the two of us. Having the options is a real comfort. Extra grill space is never a bad idea!
I think having one dedicated for rotisserie use is very convenient.

I wouldn't want to give up the 18". I might buy the 22" for a good price, but then I'd have 3 smokers. The 18" is just too versatile for small to medium cooks (one butt, a couple racks of ribs . . .)

My 22 WSM is my work horse. I also have an 18 for over flow on big cook days. There is a nice decked out 22 for sale at a good value in my area. Would y'all rather have an 22 and 18 or 2 22s?
It's nice to have two of what you use most and are very familiar with, for those days you run out of room.

I'd stick with the 22 and the 18 to give to more flexibility. If your have the desire/space for another, I would probably get the 14 for quicker smaller cooks.

Back