My oldest Granddaughter is in to BBQ

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
I think I may have a Granddaughter who's very interested in Smoking meat. 34 yr. old Samantha was here for her Grandma's 80th birthday party but now back in Colorado. While here she wanted to know about Armadillo eggs and how to smoke them on her fiance's gas grill. I showed her my smoke tube, inkbird, and her Dad, the gasser, told her how to set it up on her grill. She ordered what she needed and it was waiting when she got home. Sam and I have been tight since she was one so I'm not surprised she wanted me to see her setup. Then she asked questions during her cook and I think the finished product looks pretty good for a first timer. If the eggs taste good she's hooked. Sam's Armadillo Eggs Cooked.jpeg

I would've been thrilled if my two daughters had shown any interest in what I do on the patio. They're in their 30's now, and would still be thrilled if they asked any questions.

I say it again Lew, you're a fortunate man to have that family.

Last edited:
I would've been thrilled if my two daughters had shown any interest in what I do on the patio. They're in their 30's now, and would still be thrilled if they asked any questions.

I say it again Len, you're a fortunate man to have that family.
And I thank God every day for the many blessings I’ve received.

Love stories like that. My youngest daughter (43) is really a master of the grill and Traeger, it's great to have something in common to talk about.

I think I may have a Granddaughter who's very interested in Smoking meat. 34 yr. old Samantha was here for her Grandma's 80th birthday party but now back in Colorado. While here she wanted to know about Armadillo eggs and how to smoke them on her fiance's gas grill. I showed her my smoke tube, inkbird, and her Dad, the gasser, told her how to set it up on her grill. She ordered what she needed and it was waiting when she got home. Sam and I have been tight since she was one so I'm not surprised she wanted me to see her setup. Then she asked questions during her cook and I think the finished product looks pretty good for a first timer. If the eggs taste good she's hooked.
That's great Lew. It's awesome to have others develop their interests from yours, and seek out your advice. I'm sure that you are a fantastic grandpa, and no doubt a proud one. The Armadillo Egg look great, she did good. I've never heard of that dish before, but I'm sure to try it out. Thank for posting.

Charlie

Back