My July 4th "Rainstorm Ribs"

Matt_B

TVWBB Member
I fired up the smoker and dry rubbed 11 racks of spares which went in at 225 f. All was well for the first hour or so. Then the heavens opened up and we had torrential rain for over an hour! Since it was a pool party, most everyone rode it out. But the rain cooled my smoker down to 120ish and I ended up tending the fire in the rain with extra splits trying to compensate for the heat loss. I was sure that the ribs were going to turn out greasy but in the end they pulled through and had people begging for doggie bags for the leftovers :cool:

Thanks for lookin :rolleyes:

Wow, they look great! Congrats on being able to pull off such a feat! Two racks in bad weather is tough, but ELEVEN!!!!!! You da Man!

Matt_B;

Those are some good lookin' and MEATY ribs! Congratulations on hanging in there and getting the job done under adverse conditions!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

My first thought was 11 racks on a WSM!!! Then I saw the Gator Pit, really a nice save in the downpour as those ribs they look awesome!

Really nice looking ribs!!! Nothing worse than having a bunch of people over and nothing seems to go right!!! Seems like if you don't panic it all works out in the end anyway!

Hi guys, Thanks for the replies. This cook fed 30 people but I also grilled 40 lbs of seasoned chicken in my Weber EP-330 gasser earlier in the morning. So with several sides, everyone left the party stuffed! :p

Anybody can cook in perfect weather! Haha Way to pull it off. I think the best part will be years from now you have given people a story....yeah, these are good ribs, but man those ribs Matt did that one year in that storm were the best! :)

Back