My first Picanha

Plan was to reverse sear. Was able to keep the gasser at 225 with 1 burner on low.
ffPhpeE.jpg

Internal of 125, time to sear.
3fkYpzV.jpg

I used my Smokey Joe filled to the brim with Royal Oak lump.
BYkGubN.jpg

Hot sear!
ZckUzLD.jpg

Almost!
6h3T0HH.jpg

Done!
C4SKqws.jpg

And carved. Served Brazilian (my fiance' is Brazilian) style w/spicy beans and rice and greens, Absolutely delish!!
6XZrB3R.jpg

That photo on the smokey Joe with the flames going around is fantastic. Our family is best friends with a family from Brazil and I look forward to the two or three times a year they invite us over for Brazilian rice and bean and Brazilian grilled Beef and Pork. Your meal makes me very upset that we are stuck social distancing. Man I want some!!!!

That photo on the smokey Joe with the flames going around is fantastic. Our family is best friends with a family from Brazil and I look forward to the two or three times a year they invite us over for Brazilian rice and bean and Brazilian grilled Beef and Pork. Your meal makes me very upset that we are stuck social distancing. Man I want some!!!!

That was fat side down, lol.

So far the two local shops don't even have sirloin cap, and wont get it. :unsure:
porterandyork.com has got prime, fat cap on, 2.5lb+ in stock to ship......not cheap at $55, but much cheaper than other online, prime options. They also have Choice grade typically, but sold out right now (only two per cow, so they go fast......) An option, Case, though may be more expensive than you are after.

R

Back