My first Meat Loaf

Tom_T

Got a WSM 18 last week and have smoked a chicken but today I decided to smoke my first Meat Loaf......................turned out good or anyway we enjoyed a nice meal. Used some Hickory and found it a little strong but not bad, maybe apple next time.

image_zpsuhw4maht.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsf4qp9dh3.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Smoke meatloaf is awesome and yours looks delicious. I'm going to be doing one tomorrow for dinner, plus they make great sandwiches if there is any left.

Great looking meatloaf. Haven't had smoked meatloaf but I will have to try that. Definitely try apple. It is my go to for most things. Sweat flavor and mild.

Your first meatloaf is a hit! Good job.

fwiw - I think your temp probe is a little too close to the edge of the grill grate. You would have a more accurate reading if it was closer to the center of the grill grate.

Last edited:
Your first meatloaf is a hit! Good job.

fwiw - I think your temp probe is a little too close to the edge of the grill grate. You would have a more accurate reading if it was closer to the center of the grill grate.

Thank you for the tip. :)

Thank you all for the comments. I'm looking forward to a lot of great meals from the smoker.

Loved smoked meatloaf. I don't use the loaf pans, I use flat aluminum pans with holes in them. If I can't find them with holes in them, I make them. I've found them in round pizza pans and rectangular flat pans. Definitely a favorite at our house. Ground meat sucks up the smoke as well so be careful.

Loved smoked meatloaf. I don't use the loaf pans, I use flat aluminum pans with holes in them. If I can't find them with holes in them, I make them. I've found them in round pizza pans and rectangular flat pans. Definitely a favorite at our house. Ground meat sucks up the smoke as well so be careful.

Jim, I like the idea of flat pans. I'll have to give it a try next time....and you're right about soaking up the smoke ��

Tasty looking meatloaf! I do mine right on the grate, or on the grate with a q-mat under it.

I really like cherry or a mix of cherry and pecan when cooking beef. Kiawe is also good if you can get your hands on some.

Tasty looking meatloaf! I do mine right on the grate, or on the grate with a q-mat under it.

I really like cherry or a mix of cherry and pecan when cooking beef. Kiawe is also good if you can get your hands on some.

I have both cherry and pecan, will give it a try. :)

Looks great Tom. Love me some meatloaf on the grill. I am really starting to like apple wood, great flavor and not over powering.

Back