Mushroom & Swiss Burger

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
about a half of a red onion, browned, several sliced mushrooms, a little water & beer, garlic powder, salt....
I8jI48Fv5MuK3mvmkyaq0G8t1v9TQ3i_8TkAC7a9S4g=w1698-h955-no

I know I'll probably lose a few of youse here.... I should probably explain myself: I worked a ~3 week stint at the local burger king right before I turned 16. Fast food wasn't for me :) But there was a big gloppy bin with mushroom swiss sauce for their burgers - and I liked it. I tried several ways & I know there are better (seen them here), this is my favorite so far.
OSU_Lo6GsvtdeuvT1LvwUk-2TLu-rEyEDQvwX8xsZXU=w1698-h955-no

several slices of cheese later (& black pepper)
hLXy5ZRwk3QvPLPA6oS6K3RZkXEugy8FxAMw49FUx-o=w1698-h955-no

A single burger. I regretted not making more as I was halfway through mine. The bun is a challah sandwich roll with cheddar
v9B81JBLzQtKdKQQTakPItlr5eg976IoeEKGsLQbAN0=w1698-h955-no

7VHX5TSBkAQ9WvDuymgkWl5MEtkwwLmsOFEvQNCy7MQ=w1698-h955-no

a little more
i7YjWxZhIlqbFaUIKPgxhN3GpgjnepK4tkJ-WnmE4Bc=w1698-h955-no

No I didn't forget a side:
-RArY7yOcc7uxEKqkgMl5qjq3cOZsg2O1k9EvGztBLQ=w1698-h955-no

Clint. That 'shroom gloop looks like what we used to have for breakfast on toast. Lots of fresh ground black pepper. I loved it.

I'd eat that burger in a heart-beat.

Clint I have to watch my sodium intake so I don't ever use canned soups. But I like your idea for that burger, so here's a recipe I use for mushroom soup and it really is great, might want to give it a try.

Cream of Mushroom Soup
Servings = 4 | Serving size =about 1 1/2 cups
Cooking Time = 75 Minutes
This recipe can be multiplied by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
This recipe can be divisible by 2.
This recipe makes good leftovers.
2 tsp olive oil
2 lbs crimini mushrooms (sliced)
1 medium onion (diced)
3 cups water
1/8 tsp dried tarragon
1/4 tsp salt
fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
1 cup 2% milk
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 ounce goat cheese
Place one teaspoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/2 pound of the sliced mushrooms and cook, tossing frequently, until the mushrooms are well browned (about 20 minutes). When these are done, set them aside for later.

While the sliced mushrooms are cooking, add the other teaspoon of olive oil to a medium sauce pan and place over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.

Add the remaining 1 1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes and then add the water. Reduce the heat until the soup is simmering and cook for about 20 minutes.

Turn off the heat and add the tarragon, salt and pepper, then using a stick blender puree until smooth.

As always, fantastic cook! And some worthy drink too, none of that ice-water stuff

Love mushroom and swiss...fine job

Sometimes I just saute the mushrooms in beef bouillon and add flower to thicken into a sauce.

Love mushroom and swiss...fine job

Sometimes I just saute the mushrooms in beef bouillon and add flower to thicken into a sauce.

Makes me think - maybe just a little mushroom, onions, flour etc to make a roux??? I have very limited experience with that - just a few times - the only one I remember off-hand was making nacho cheese like this (it's grrreeeaaat!) OK now I want to use the nacho cheese sauce, but instead of cheddar (I've used mozzarella before), use swiss & add mushrooms & onions.

http://www.fifteenspatulas.com/homemade-nacho-cheese-sauce/

Makes me think - maybe just a little mushroom, onions, flour etc to make a roux??? I have very limited experience with that - just a few times - the only one I remember off-hand was making nacho cheese like this (it's grrreeeaaat!) OK now I want to use the nacho cheese sauce, but instead of cheddar (I've used mozzarella before), use swiss & add mushrooms & onions.

http://www.fifteenspatulas.com/homemade-nacho-cheese-sauce/
Yea that kind of cheese sauce is really good....anytime you make a roux like that for some reason it keeps the cheese fluid.

Yes you could make a roux for the sauce or just sift some flour in and you definitely don't need salt because it's in the bouillon. If you use beef stock then you need some

...also good with lettuce & steak sauce!

J8g4jKWr02LYG06kRyN6tgIsk6JZ7bdMhJdNOcNl6Vc=w1769-h996-no

this is almost like A1 - I picked it up after seeing I think it was Tony UK recommend it
Z5sdwJ4V-Grdr8_JTmwrxuJLEnIedtZvlFNn1Gh6ubw=w1769-h996-no

I think I'd take 2or 3 of those!! The burgers and the beer I mean!! Great job, I think your mushroom...sauce...looks spot on! Good job on some fine burgers!
Tim

Back