More Smoked Chicken

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My Wife has been on a chicken kick lately, especially chicken soup. Me I'm tired of chicken just by smelling it cook all day.

She took out a package of chicken quarters for me to smoke. I told her I saw some whole chickens on sale again in one of the weekly flyers and asked me to pick u some.

Same thing as last time. Plain, no seasoning. I used a chunk of red oak and a chunk of cherry for smoke,

The quarters

4 whole chickens.

Those boids look great John. The skin appears to be crispy? If so, how'd you pull that off. I've had like zero luck smoking chicken and getting decent skin.
For a guy whose "tired of chicken" it looks like you're gonna have some around for awhile, LOL

I think you're gonna be a papa, John. Your wife has chicken cravings! LOL

Guess what I'm cooking tonight? You guessed it: chicken! LOL

I think you're gonna be a papa, John. Your wife has chicken cravings! LOL

Guess what I'm cooking tonight? You guessed it: chicken! LOL

Papa?, I know thats not gonna happen

No chicken for me tonight, I picked up a couple of pork steaks too!!!

Chicken looks fly away guud John. And it looks like it might be on the menu for a few days too.

Chicken looks awesome.

I tried 2 whole chickens [butterflied] yesterday for the first time, but they did not have nearly as nice a look to them as yours. I marinated and maybe should have brined instead.

What was your cooking time?

John those are some great looking birds and the color is fantastic, couldn't ask for better looking birds thats for sure.:)

Back