Molé Ribs

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
making ribs nearly every weekend, i gotta shake it up a bit...
why not molé ribs...?

seasoned a rack with the usual SPGOPC
(salt, pepper, garlic, onion, paprika, cayenne)
on the 26" Weber kettle with an applewood/Weber briq snake in place.

ribsmolé050920a.jpg

after 3hrs 20minutes, i wrapped the ribs in foil.

ribsmolé050920b.jpg

Yes, foil. I wanted to meat to get super tender.

ribsmolé050920c.jpg

those are small yams, sweet potatoes, ipomoea batatas....
after another hour, i ripped the ribs in half to fit the foil pan...

ribsmolé050920d.jpg

molé.jpg

...then dumped the molé sauce over the pork, foil wrapped the pan for another 30 minutes.

ribsmolé050920e.jpg

And, they're done.

ribsmolé050920f.jpg

And served! with poblanos, onions and corn along side the sweet tubers

ribsmolé050920g.jpg

Delicious! Tender!! Gone!!! eet.gif
Thank you for swingin' by!

Last edited:
I haven't done anything with molé in a long time. Nice idea. With the weather getting warmer more of the cooking falls on me. I have to remind myself to branch out and not always do typical bbq rubs/sauces or I get the stink eye from the wife. Will give this a go.

Very creative, Jim, and they look great! I've got chile colorado sauce going today, seems like that would be a good twist!

Thanks for sharing!

R

Thank you all for your nice comments, very nice!

I think you're missing Brew Crew ball. ☹
oh boy, you know it Cliff! Watching the reruns of classic games ain't cutting it...
And ya know, I listen to a ton of games on AM Radio with Brewer announcer Bob Uecker and missing his voice and the chatter on afternoons in the sunshine is almost a crime.
He can make a losing game 14 -2 almost enjoyable to listen to...

Boy, you didn't just shake it up a little you put the boat motor to it. I've got some mole' sitting in my outside pantry for quite awhile and I've been trying to think of something to do with it. Your idea opens up a whole lot of possibilities.

Jim, I checked out the ingredients in the mole sauce you used. No chocolate. Did you buy that brand for that reason?

Jim, I checked out the ingredients in the mole sauce you used. No chocolate. Did you buy that brand for that reason?
yes, and my reason is I LIKE IT.
I thought of making my own homemade molé, but i then poured a drink and got a bit wiser.
it probably doesnt have peanuts in it either, huh?
edit: it DOES have peanuts, so i'm safe. :p

Jim, my mistake. I reread the ingredients. Missed this the first time. It does say it has cacao in it. Never mind, sorry

Your right, look at all the ingredients in this recipe. Wow!!!!!! lol

Last edited:
see, i read your message INCORRECTLY
I read: "Did you buy that brand for A reason?"
and i said, "yes, and my reason is I LIKE IT."
not knowing it did or did not have chocolate (or cacao) in it.

Back