MLB Opening Day 2020. Not.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come"

Tim

Things got real to me when they announced that the LSU v. Ole Miss baseball series was cancelled, followed soon by the rest of the season.

I love watching the Tigers on spring weekends while we are cooking and drinking on the patio. It's not going to be the same without them.

We still had hot dogs, but I just couldn't bring myself to fire up the Go Anywhere.

I saw in the paper today that 7-inning doubleheaders might be looked at as one way to make up games, and I like the idea. Give the teams that are decent throughout the roster a better chance against the teams that are built top-heavy with weak benches.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."
Hopefully the FoD game between the White Sox and the Yankees will still be played. Getting ahold of 2 tickets is high on my list of things to accomplish this summer.

AAA games were 7 innings back when we used to go to PawSox games. Major League scheduled doubleheaders disappeared back in the 80's when lots of major league teams wore the softball style uniforms. Twilight doubleheaders in Boston could turn into a late night especially when you had a 2 hr drive after the 2nd game.

A couple of days ago I was reading about the 10 longest games (time-wise) in MLB history and I believe 2 or 3 of them were game 2 of a doubleheader. Weirdly, a couple of them came after a fast game 1.

If they do implement the doubleheaders my guess is that they'll be day-nighters on weekends, with more of them on Saturdays because Sunday's usually getaway day.

The BrewCrew kicked Chicago cub@$$ yesterday, 22-1
the lowly chubbies scored their only run in the ninth
go-brewers.gif

ESPN was replaying some classic games today. I watched the 1986 game when Roger Clemens had 20 strikeouts. It brought back a lot of fun memeories of that time.

MASN (local station that airs Nats and O's games) will be airing the Nats/Brewers wild card game at 1pm today. I'll probably have it on. :)

I've already watched highlight versions of all the 2019 World Series games, and Game 7 in it's entirety.

MASN (local station that airs Nats and O's games) will be airing the Nats/Brewers wild card game at 1pm today. I'll probably have it on. :)

I've already watched highlight versions of all the 2019 World Series games, and Game 7 in it's entirety.
Will you kindly skip over the NL Championship Series with the Cards? :rolleyes:

We lost a wonderful guy here for Sox (white) fans. Long time player (pitcher) and radio announcer Ed Farmer passed away today at 70. Loved listening to him on Sox radio

That's terrible. He battled some serious health problems for a long time and was certainly getting older, but it still feels way too soon.

I always felt that even though he was a lifelong Sox fan, when he called a game he called it square because he was first and foremost a fan of the game itself. But even more important was the work he did to promote organ donation.

Last edited:
In case you're not near your TV, the Brewers are ahead of the Nats 3-1 in the bottom of the 5th. ;)

Jackie Robinson Day slipped by me this year. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I remembered it, due to no live games on that day.

Back