Missouri Spares

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
seasoned up a nice meaty rack of Saint Louis spare ribs
gott'um on the large 26" Weber One Touch Gold with Cowboy lump and hickory wood for smoke

IMG_0987.JPG

i'll be glazin'um with a combo of three Missouri sauces...

IMG_0994.JPG

...and i think i'll foil'um after awhile an' use this ▼ for juice

IMG_0995.JPG
IMG_0996.JPG

had this sittin' around... figure now's a good time to open it.
after more than 3 hours, i got out the foil to wrap'um up

IMG_0997.JPG

another hour later, the ribs were removed from the foil bath then brushed with the above mentioned sauces

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1000.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

Fantastic blend of sauces on a spectacular rack of spares!

IMG_1009.JPG

baked Idaho taters and steamed 'gus completed the dinner....

IMG_1010.JPG

these ribs were the BEST!
thanks for stoppin' by!

Those came out great looking and the Apple Pie liquor looks like a good idea. Have some of that here I may try on the ribs next time. Did it work out well taste wise or no noticeable difference?

Love the pics of the "saucedsmokingrib"!
Cooked to perfection...Like always.

Awesome Meal 4 sure!

This St. Louis boy is craving some Maull's. Do you buy it local or order it off the website? Been thinking I need to get some from the website since nobody from St. Louis wants to ship me any.

Great looking cook Jim!!

Thanks guys:)

howz that new cowboy lump workin for ya?
I like it alot! Butt i only know of the one place that sells it, so i'll hafta buy up a few bags next time cuz it's about 15 miles from here...

Those came out great looking and the Apple Pie liquor looks like a good idea. Have some of that here I may try on the ribs next time. Did it work out well taste wise or no noticeable difference?
Mike, i rarely ever foil, butt lately it's been working well and adding the liqueur worked well. Not sure i tasted it tho'...

This St. Louis boy is craving some Maull's. Do you buy it local or order it off the website?
actually Glenn, the bottle was a "gift" from another member ;) Maull's is not sold anywhere around these parts

Dang, Jim, I had intended to cut back a tad as I'm still carrying a weight gain from the Holidays, but you ain't helping a bit, not with my love of ribs, not knowing I have 5-6 racks hanging out in my freezer. I was doing fine until that pic with the smoke curling:D around them just simply made me get up and take two racks out of the freezer.:rolleyes: Dang you, just dang you.....Awesome pic.............and that plate with 7 ribs ain't gonna make me do less either......dang you:rolleyes:......................................d

Dang, Jim, I had intended to cut back a tad as I'm still carrying a weight gain from the Holidays, but you ain't helping a bit, not with my love of ribs, not knowing I have 5-6 racks hanging out in my freezer. I was doing fine until that pic with the smoke curling:D around them just simply made me get up and take two racks out of the freezer.:rolleyes: Dang you, just dang you.....Awesome pic.............and that plate with 7 ribs ain't gonna make me do less either......dang you:rolleyes:......................................d

I was thinking the same thing an did the same. I just got some ribs all prepped to smoke for dinner tonight. Its amazing what great pics of smoked food like Jims can make people do..LOL

Jim, your Missouri spares look spectacular! Gus and taters round off the meal nicely, and I believe I see a Tanq and tonic to wash it all down!! Great looking cook and fantastic photos.

Back