Missouri Spares

Great looking spares, Jim! I grew up in and now live outside of St. Louis and love all things Missouri except one: Mizzou. Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!

Carefull with that Apple Pie Jim -- it'll sneak up on ya. Triple St Louis Sauce Ribs looks cool with that steam lifting off of 'em.

...I rarely ever foil, butt lately it's been working well and adding the liqueur worked well. Not sure i tasted it tho'...

Jim, I find the same thing with spares, in that they don't soak up much foiling liquid flavor. I suppose it's just the nature of such a rich cut of meat, but maybe try some hooch of some sort with some loinbacks? I know that the flavor that Chris Lilly's pineapple sweet ribs soak up from the apricot nectar, PA juice, and the garlic, is one of the reasons I'm all for foiling loinbacks, not just the tenderness and moisture retention.

Anyhow, fantastic looking ribs, and I bet they tasted fantastic, as well. The steamy shots on the grill should be published somewhere!

Jim - you have a lot of great cooks here - must say these ribs look like some of the very best. Interesting Apple Pie addition there too!! Pull back on the bones looks perfect... Well done Mr. Lampe!

Back