Mid Week Cheap Steak Night

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Here is my little story I like to do from time to time...
My wife is a manager for a big company and looks over 2 facilities on the east coast, 2 in the south. During one of those bussiness Dinners in PA her Boss explained to her how steaks need to be cooked rare to med rare. She tasted a piece and is now hooked on med rare to rare steaks. Her Boss is a great Lady and friends of ours and Im very happy that she finally got thru to her after all this years of me trying...

Here is what we did...
little potatoes with oil and garlic salt wrapped in foil..

Cheap steaks on the grill..

plated with veggies and melted cheddar and the little potatoe

My proud moment to see her eat a pink/red meat for the first time.

Super lookin' steaks and sides, Tony! Glad to see Maribel is now enjoying some med. rare steaks! I can envision many new cooks coming from the two of you. Thanks for sharing!!

My wife will never go for any steak that is not well done. That being said, cheap cut of meat or not, those steaks look delicious! Excellent meal!

Exact opposite in our house: Cindy like 'em dripping while I prefer more of a medium. She used to give me so much crap years ago: "quit over cooking the steaks!" We've reached a happy medium, I cook them like she likes 'em:)

Looks like a "Prime" meal to me!! My Wife doesn't do pink meat but if see wants it well done I make here put it back on the grill

Tony you make cheap look first class buddy! Sounds like your wife's boss is a heck of a lady!! I just got my family to think rare is normal!! No other way dude!

Meal looks super!

Great looking steak

My wife was a well done gal also, well that is changing slowly because our teen aged daughter want hers med-rare like me.

My proud moment to see her eat a pink/red meat for the first time.

Now that would be a proud moment for me too to see my wife do that. My wife will eat raw fish any day but she will not touch beef unless they're beyond well done. She tells me it's a cultural thing. Where she's from everything's cooked to well done. I told her that's bs because her brother loves his med rare. :)

Anyway, great cook as usual Tony!

Now that would be a proud moment for me too to see my wife do that. My wife will eat raw fish any day but she will not touch beef unless they're beyond well done. She tells me it's a cultural thing. Where she's from everything's cooked to well done. I told her that's bs because her brother loves his med rare. :)

Anyway, great cook as usual Tony!

I see comments on here that a few wives won't eat meat unless it well done. On another's post some wives will only eat boneless chicken on and must be well done..

hey tony, what kinda steaks were those?
they look a lot like chuck eyes...
and
they look a lot like chuck eyes I'D EET!
smiley-eatdrink020.gif
got any more?

Back