Mesquite and hickory Brisket

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Few weeks ago we cooked a brisket with mesquite and hickory chunks. Seasoned with holy cow from meat church. The WSM settled at 255-265. This was a 12 hour cook. Removed when it was probe tender internal was 204.

The brisket was from Costco prime 14 lbs. everyone thought it was cool when they saw my soon with it over his shoulder.

With the left overs we made tacos a few days later. I must say its the best tacos I can make. The brisket literally melts in your mouth.

Here's an Instagram video. 15 seconds long.

https://instagram.com/p/BENL8O1xZDx/

Here's some pics.

This were cooked on my homemade comal that goes over the Weber Genesis

Thanks for stopping by

Tony And Maribel

looks amazing! did you inject or anything? was it moist when cooked and how long did you rest it for? sorry for all the q's - I am going to try a brisket soon so looking for some tips from actual cooks. thanks

That's what I'm talking about! Great looking brisket Tony! Love your son's pic! :) Did you wrap it in foil during the cook? If so, for how long? You said it all when you said it was "probe tender" and "melts in your mouth"...that's what I always want in brisket and beef ribs.

That looks just awesome Tony and those tacos, wow. I've never done a brisket, but with yours and all the others that have been on here recently that's got to change.

That is one BIG piece of meat and one incredible cook. Looks fantastic and those tacos OMB you did it again, awesome job Tony.

looks amazing! did you inject or anything? was it moist when cooked and how long did you rest it for? sorry for all the q's - I am going to try a brisket soon so looking for some tips from actual cooks. thanks
no injection and its was very tender. Rested for 2 hours. Remember to go by probe tenderness not time or internal temp. Internal temp is a guide but the true test is probe tenderness

That's what I'm talking about! Great looking brisket Tony! Love your son's pic! :) Did you wrap it in foil during the cook? If so, for how long? You said it all when you said it was "probe tender" and "melts in your mouth"...that's what I always want in brisket and beef ribs.

I wrapped when the internal was 180. Can remember how long it was after that until it was cooked. Maybe 2-3 hours

Tony, that is an all star job on that brisket. Great bark, nice smoke ring. Looks juicy and delicious. Great looking tacos too.

Back