Memorable Tomahawks

Wilfredo Vargas

TVWBB Member
Hello all,

I decided to reverse sear 2 tomahawk steaks for Memorial Day. The steaks ranged between 2.5- 3 lbs. and I seasoned them with kosher salt, black pepper and granulated garlic. I smoked the tomahawks using hickory chunks to an internal temperature of 125-- it took around 1.5 hours, WSM temperature was between 250-280 degrees. I then seared and basted the steaks in butter on a cast iron over charcoal for a great crust. The meat was tender and full of rich beef flavors. I did not eat the entire steak; I had a great steak and eggs breakfast this morning :cool: .

Happy Grilling!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 32
  • FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 44
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 44
Great looking steaks, Wilfredo!! I feel like we should all chip in and get you a skillet that's a little bigger! ;) There's just something about tucking into a bone-in steak like that! Nice cook!

R

Those look spectacular Wilfredo. That's definitely something that's going to be tried soon. Did you find those locally or are they an on line order from Snake River or one of the other big boys. I notice the SRF add banner headlining your post. :D

Those look spectacular Wilfredo. That's definitely something that's going to be tried soon. Did you find those locally or are they an on line order from Snake River or one of the other big boys. I notice the SRF add banner headlining your post. :D
I picked them up at Safeway for a reasonable price. Not the same meat quality as Snake River, but it did come with all the fun in grilling and eating tomahawks.

Great smoke / sear on those Tomahawks, I always look at them at Costco when there doing the road show and realize I could never eat
a whole one either, but leftover steak and eggs for breakfast sounds mighty tasty.

I just cubed up a nice big arm roast for marination for Saturday dinner with the kids, some Youse Guys sausages, potato wedges, maybe some potato salad?
Realized I had gotten out a Flank steak! My wife is not a huge beef fan but, she’s going to have to force herself to enjoy it two days out of three well, I have other things for Saturday so, she should be fine.

I just cubed up a nice big arm roast for marination for Saturday dinner with the kids, some Youse Guys sausages, potato wedges, maybe some potato salad?
Realized I had gotten out a Flank steak! My wife is not a huge beef fan but, she’s going to have to force herself to enjoy it two days out of three well, I have other things for Saturday so, she should be fine.
I'll help with the flank steak and potato salad! hehe

Back