Mediterranean seasoning chicken thighs, with chicken rice, salad and reheated sprouts

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Sadaf brand Mediterranean seasoning chicken blend on boneless skinless chicken thighs, with cooking olive oil, lemon juice, salt, extra gran garlic and extra black pepper (I like flavor!)

Marked and then moved to indirect to 170° probed temp.

1658460203470.jpeg

1658460244023.jpeg

JDXL

1658460273134.jpeg

1658460325500.jpeg

1658460343413.jpeg

1658460361965.jpeg

1658460377341.jpeg

With Adele’s chicken apple sausage

1658460431698.jpeg

Chef’s 🧑‍🍳 plate

1658460470927.jpeg

Looks great...how long do you marinate that chicken for? I would imagine it takes hold pretty fast...
@Richard S, i do this as a countertop marinade, usually around 30 minutes or so. you could go 4 hours in the fridge for deeper penetration but i don't think it's necessary. since the recipe has salt and lemon juice, the chicken really soaks up the flavors quickly. you don't need that much lemon juice here. this was ~15 boneless skinless thighs so maybe i used 1/4 lemon juice, or even less (i season visually, not by measurements). lemon being an acid opens up the protein quickly and the salt helps the chicken suck in all the flavors. the cooking olive oil is to ensure the chicken doesn't stick to the grill and invites the flames up to kiss the chicken and adds that light char/bbq smell and flavor (JDXL was the fuel) and a more even distribution of the dry ingredients.

this is a very simple and mostly healthy main dish to assemble. the leftovers make great Mediterranean burritos or just in a bowl as-is.

here's a link to the Sadaf Mediterranean blend if you want to buy it or make your own seasoning mix:

Ingredients: Paprika, Coriander, Turmeric, Chili, Cumin, Fennel, Cloves, Cinnamon, Garlic, Cayenne Pepper, Salt, Black Pepper.

Of note, i forgot to add that i also added cayenne pepper powder to the chicken before mixing in all the dry and wet ingredients as i listed above in the first post.

ALSO, the spice mix is sans salt, which i really like as i prefer to salt my own food and i have found many premade seasonings to be way too salty for my flavor profile. we prefer fresh acids and some salt to enhance proteins.

if you want to dress the chicken up a little before serving, a light drizzle of quality evoo adds that next level of flavor. just a small amount goes a long way here.

post some pics if you cook it and let me know your thought, please. enjoy!

That looks amazing.
I'm not really familiar with Mediterranean flavors, but that list of ingredients makes me think I might like it.
Tho i would go lighter on the cayenne and heavier on the salt. :giggle:

That looks amazing.
I'm not really familiar with Mediterranean flavors, but that list of ingredients makes me think I might like it.
Tho i would go lighter on the cayenne and heavier on the salt. :giggle:
thanks. go wild! here's a bunch to look at and buy if you're interested:

and this one is really good too: https://www.sadaf.com/collections/seasonings/products/sadaf-shwarma-seasoning-08-1643

THIS is the one for me. I'll order it and put it in the queue - after steaks, which are next in line. :D
i'm a big fan of their product line. quality ingredients at reasonable prices. i have a few local shops that stock and sell all their spices and seasonings. maybe they are local to you as well? Sadaf opened an Amazon store just a few month's back as well.

Enjoy, @Brenda T! I look forward to your posts.

Back