Master-Touch Premium Charcoal Grill 22" - New to the USA?!

Really hoping they will one day offer the GBS grate in SS. That's on the top of my wish list.
I bought my master-touch last thanksgiving... I want this new master-touch now. I really like the idea of diffuser plate and charcoal chamber. I like the igrill mini holder in the picture, too. But, I agree with you, Kyle. The first thing should be GBS SS grate. Still very tempting though.

Do most western states have these type of restrictions?
We have burn bans during the summer, but those bans do not include recreational fire pits or grilling.

Basically they don't want you burning a bunch of tree branches and stuff like that. Even then, there is a way around that. A firefighter buddy of mine said if I ever have to burn some yard wastes like tree limbs, just have a pack of hot dogs down by the fire and you'll be ok

Our restrictions apply to individual fire districts in this case all the local FDs are on restrictions. Included is no charcoal grills, no firepits or campfires, no open flame such as tiki torches. Use of chain saws, weed eaters, welding apparatus is not allowed. No Target shooting in the national forest and state forests. Off road vehicles must have an approved spark arrester on the exhaust.
Propane grills are allowed but must be watched by an adult at all times when in use.
The fire department patrols the neighborhoods mostly in the evening and on weekends looking for violators. First offense is a warning second offense will cost you $500 and it goes up from there.

Really hoping they will one day offer the GBS grate in SS. That's on the top of my wish list.
Weber does make one. I was looking at the specs for the European model I linked above. Here’s what it says:

GOURMET BBQ SYSTEM STAINLESS STEEL HINGED COOKING GRATE

I wonder if Weber will make that available here?

Our restrictions apply to individual fire districts in this case all the local FDs are on restrictions. Included is no charcoal grills, no firepits or campfires, no open flame such as tiki torches. Use of chain saws, weed eaters, welding apparatus is not allowed. No Target shooting in the national forest and state forests. Off road vehicles must have an approved spark arrester on the exhaust.
Propane grills are allowed but must be watched by an adult at all times when in use.
The fire department patrols the neighborhoods mostly in the evening and on weekends looking for violators. First offense is a warning second offense will cost you $500 and it goes up from there.
Wow, that's very stiff. We don't get many wildfires here, so I guess that's why they are more relaxed on the rules here.

Amazing you aren't allowed to use a weed eater or chain saw! My yard would not look very good if I wasn't able to trim it up after mowing.

Weber does make one. I was looking at the specs for the European model I linked above. Here’s what it says:

GOURMET BBQ SYSTEM STAINLESS STEEL HINGED COOKING GRATE

I wonder if Weber will make that available here?
I think I remember seeing where Jon bought one over in EU and brought it back with him. I know if will cost much more than the standard GBS, but I'd pay double and enjoy it lasting many years over the plated steel one.

I think I remember seeing where Jon bought one over in EU and brought it back with him. I know if will cost much more than the standard GBS, but I'd pay double and enjoy it lasting many years over the plated steel one.
I'd forgotten about that. Here's the thread:
https://tvwbb.com/threads/weber-company-store-in-germany.79147/#post870232

Edit: Here's a link to the post discussing the Master-Touch Premium:
https://tvwbb.com/threads/weber-company-store-in-germany.79147/page-2#post-870232

Last edited:
Absolutely! You are living in a very “delicate” environmental situation. I do not blame the fire departments, one iota! Firefighters have a dangerous job, if I can’t grill so they are safe, I’d comply! You bet a brisket I would!

Here's a nice review of all the features of the MT Premium from a super-colossal Weber dealer in England:

I didn't really need this, but that's not important. It will be my 6th Weber (Original Kettle, Smokey Joe, Jumbo Joe, Q2000, Genesis E-330) I ordered one and it has shipped. I am looking forward to it! I think I'll either cook a whole chicken or some NY strips on it first.
Awesome! Post some pictures of the cook!

Hmm very interesting. I'm guessing they did this to compete with the new SnS Grills kettle.

If it was $225-250 and available in crimson, I'd be all over this.

Hmm very interesting. I'm guessing they did this to compete with the new SnS Grills kettle.

If it was $225-250 and available in crimson, I'd be all over this.
Isn't the SnS something like $350?

I'll be keeping an eye on this. If the ring and deflector become available for purchase separately, then I think one of the colored MTs will find a home on my patio.

I didn't really need this, but that's not important. It will be my 6th Weber (Original Kettle, Smokey Joe, Jumbo Joe, Q2000, Genesis E-330) I ordered one and it has shipped. I am looking forward to it! I think I'll either cook a whole chicken or some NY strips on it first.
Nice Score! I really do not need another grill(says-my-wife) but if and when this kettle hits the Costa Rican Market I may take more than a look???

Will free-up my Weber Performer Deluxe in transferring my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie on-top of this Mastertouch Premium.

Meh.

I don’t care about the hinge. Actually, I like to turn my lid To keep the vents where I want them if the wind shifts.

Another Performer or even a Master Touch is more appealing to me.

26” Glen Blue Performer? I’d be all over that like stink on a monkey!

Back