Master-Touch Premium Charcoal Grill 22" - New to the USA?!

So , this is why my new Master Touch Kettle has the P-vents , which I've found to be pretty much worthless. Matter of time till every Kettle bowl has P-vents.

I haven't seen them in person. What is so annoying about them? Harder to control temps with the lower vent?

Many people have done the same thing by making a mark with a Sharpie where the vents are half open. And then just adjusting " by ear " after that. I've played with the P-vent to see what temps it gets with various loads of charcoal, but Its not something I will ever use. I've never cut down air flow on a Kettle.

However, if coupled with the charcoal ring and deflector plate .......... I could find a use.

I wonder if the ring and deflector will be available for sale as an accessory ?

I wonder if the ring and deflector will be available for sale as an accessory ?
At some point, I'm sure. Call Weber, if you can get through. ;) Here are the part numbers you need.

67571 Diffuser plate, Master-Touch
67587 Charcoal chamber, black
69240 Lid hinge kit, Master-Touch Premium

file

$ 319.00, not a bad price. Those P vents might make it easier to sweep large chunks of spent coals down the drain.

Tim

MUSSSST RESISSSST!
To be honest, I think it’s a great thing to have some of the interesting European items finally coming to the USA!
Now, if some of the other products start showing up on shelves I will be very happy!
I like the grill but, I’m really pretty well squared away for the time being.

I like it but with the fire restrictions on charcoal now happening every summer it would be lawn art during the grilling season. I'm now down to two charcoal grills the performer and the Smokey Joe which hasn't been used in about two years. At the rate I'm using my performer my remaining 12 bags of charcoal should be good for about 5-6 years.:confused:

MUSSSST RESISSSST!
To be honest, I think it’s a great thing to have some of the interesting European items finally coming to the USA!
Now, if some of the other products start showing up on shelves I will be very happy!
I like the grill but, I’m really pretty well squared away for the time being.
Really hoping they will one day offer the GBS grate in SS. That's on the top of my wish list.

I like it but with the fire restrictions on charcoal now happening every summer it would be lawn art during the grilling season. I'm now down to two charcoal grills the performer and the Smokey Joe which hasn't been used in about two years. At the rate I'm using my performer my remaining 12 bags of charcoal should be good for about 5-6 years.:confused:
Do most western states have these type of restrictions?
We have burn bans during the summer, but those bans do not include recreational fire pits or grilling.

Basically they don't want you burning a bunch of tree branches and stuff like that. Even then, there is a way around that. A firefighter buddy of mine said if I ever have to burn some yard wastes like tree limbs, just have a pack of hot dogs down by the fire and you'll be ok

Back